The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

After almost 2 years, I finally took the time to finish Halo 3: ODST on Legendary, IMO it was the hardest game of them all.

Also I have to say, Halo has got to have the best soundtrack of recent times, it's just epic, massive respect to Marty O'Donnell.

Comment

Am I only the only xboxer out there who absolutely HATES Halo?

Comment

there is talk about banning MW2 style games now because of the norway nut job

Comment

Good. More bans means better black markets and more money for my "associates".

Im also surprised Norway doesnt already have a law like that. From the news information they seem to have laws that cover everything else. Probably smuggled the weapons into the country somehow.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
            there is talk about banning MW2 style games now because of the norway nut job
            ... where the fuck did you hear that...? That fuckjob... CoD is not a simulator, and now because of him, its more fuel to the "Videogames are murder simulators" crowd. Hell, I feel that even ArmA is under threat as well...

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
              After almost 2 years, I finally took the time to finish Halo 3: ODST on Legendary, IMO it was the hardest game of them all.

Also I have to say, Halo has got to have the best soundtrack of recent times, it's just epic, massive respect to Marty O'Donnell.
              Halo: Reach is the first and only Halo game I ever even attempted to do on Legendary. I did it on Solo near the release of the game after me and a few buddies went through on Co-op on Heroric.

The solo Legendary run was easily one of the most satisfying things I've done as a gamer once I finished it. Holy crap it was hard. ... Halo: CE Anniversary will be the second Halo game I solo Legendary .

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                Halo: Reach is the first and only Halo game I ever even attempted to do on Legendary. I did it on Solo near the release of the game after me and a few buddies went through on Co-op on Heroric.

The solo Legendary run was easily one of the most satisfying things I've done as a gamer once I finished it. Holy crap it was hard. ... Halo: CE Anniversary will be the second Halo game I solo Legendary .
                Reach was fantastic, the ending was amazing, the Elites are an amazing opponent.

To me, the hardest on Legendary are:

1-. ODST
                2-. Halo CE (The Library has got to be the level I've hated the most in any game, damned Flood)
                3-. Halo 3
                4- Reach (since your Spartan buddies are invincible it wasn't that hard to stay behind a couple of seconds while the shields recharge, the solo missions are hard though)
                5-. Halo 2

Halo Wars was not my thing, never got past the 4th level....

ODST was so hard since you don't have shields, have to be on the lookout for medpacks and specially because you're no Spartan, so you can't take a lot of enemies at the same time ... but it was very satisfying at the end.

I hope Halo 4 is great, since Bungie is not developing it anymore I have my doubts, 343 industries must make a great game or the series is done for good...

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Good. More bans means better black markets and more money for my "associates".

Im also surprised Norway doesnt already have a law like that. From the news information they seem to have laws that cover everything else. Probably smuggled the weapons into the country somehow.

Crunch
                  "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Went to finish the Mine gate key quest on Playthrough 2 (Borderlands), and found out something interesting

Yup, did the quest on Playthrough 1 on accident...

Comment

Got my New Graphics card last night (ATI 6870) and got my older brother to play crysis, at 1680x900 (cant remember the exact number) at full with 8x anti aliasing. Watched him play through a bit of it, and it didn't lag. Feels good man.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                        Got my New Graphics card last night (ATI 6870) and got my older brother to play crysis, at 1680x900 (cant remember the exact number) at full with 8x anti aliasing. Watched him play through a bit of it, and it didn't lag. Feels good man.
                        I really want a graphics card, it's the only thing my laptop has that's terrible. I can barely run Borderlands at 640x480 (while recording) or 1024x728 while not. That's with lowest graphics and Vsync, lol

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
                          Reach was fantastic, the ending was amazing, the Elites are an amazing opponent.

To me, the hardest on Legendary are:

1-. ODST
                          2-. Halo CE (The Library has got to be the level I've hated the most in any game, damned Flood)
                          3-. Halo 3
                          4- Reach (since your Spartan buddies are invincible it wasn't that hard to stay behind a couple of seconds while the shields recharge, the solo missions are hard though)
                          5-. Halo 2

Halo Wars was not my thing, never got past the 4th level....

ODST was so hard since you don't have shields, have to be on the lookout for medpacks and specially because you're no Spartan, so you can't take a lot of enemies at the same time ... but it was very satisfying at the end.

I hope Halo 4 is great, since Bungie is not developing it anymore I have my doubts, 343 industries must make a great game or the series is done for good...
                          I damn near forgot that I actually completed Halo 3 on Legendary! Granted it was only co-op that I did it. ODST, I only did on Normal because the only time I ever played it was when I was staying with and visiting a friend over a weekend and powered through the campaign in about two days during downtime from hanging out with him. Otherwise I might've attempted that on a harder difficulty as well. Halo 2 I haven't touched since college but since it works on my 360 (at least it should still), I might give it a go on Legendary solo. Or just save myself the aggravation and wait for CE Anniversary.

Comment

I have my doubts about buying CE, i know i'll end up buying it, but next year for sure....

warning, hot babe ahead:

http://stars.ign.com/articles/118/11..._cmpid=ign1372

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips

7 Day Survival - Dead Rising.

Comment

Building a PC that can run crysis with 8x AA is one of the most satisfying things I've done as a gamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X