• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

I :awes'd Jiimy.

+rep

Comment

"Weight Training" used as a general term just means strength training with various weights. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_training

I think people often get carried away with weight training and building muscle size. Size of muscles doesn't absolutely transfer into muscle strength and especially not use of those muscles. If you're just trying to make yourself look good, fair enough, I suppose but I think that's a wee bit silly. It's better imho to strength train for a specific purpose, like a sport or other physical activity.

*shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
        "Weight Training" used as a general term just means strength training with various weights. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_training

I think people often get carried away with weight training and building muscle size. Size of muscles doesn't absolutely transfer into muscle strength and especially not use of those muscles. If you're just trying to make yourself look good, fair enough, I suppose but I think that's a wee bit silly. It's better imho to strength train for a specific purpose, like a sport or other physical activity.

*shrugs*
        He didn't say "weight training", he said "weightlifters". Big difference.

Strength training for strength is indeed much "better" than training for appearance. That's why you need to squat, deadlift and press barbells overhead. That guy in the video clearly does not, therefore he is most likely weak as phuk. That + being shirtless + ****ty advice makes him a first class phaggot in my book.

And please don't think that I am a "bro". I lift mainly for strength. I squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press, power clean and power snatch. Sometimes I do things like chin ups, dips, front squats, back extentions and glute ham raises. I can't remember last time I did curls...

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
          He didn't say "weight training", he said "weightlifters". Big difference.

Strength training for strength is indeed much "better" than training for appearance. That's why you need to squat, deadlift and press barbells overhead. That guy in the video clearly does not, therefore he is most likely weak as phuk. That + being shirtless + ****ty advice makes him a first class phaggot in my book.

And please don't think that I am a "bro". I lift mainly for strength. I squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press, power clean and power snatch. Sometimes I do things like chin ups, dips, front squats, back extentions and glute ham raises. I can't remember last time I did curls...
          :wee:

That guy was terribly annoying, I admit.

Comment

Haven't you heard?

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              People need to take care of their stuff. Someone gave me their laptop to "look at" and the thing is covered in dust, missing screws from the bottom and then the monitor blacked out and now it wont even turn on. What am I suppose to do with that? Now I have to tell these people that their neglect ended the lifespan of their laptop.

Crunch
              Repeat after me:

"Not cost effective to Repair."

Translation:

"You treated it like crap, now it is crap, don't waste my time and your money, buy a replacement."

Just something we say all the time at work Crunch. I feel your pain.
              "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

tonight's gonna be a gettin drunk night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                  tonight's gonna be a gettin drunk night!!!
                  It's Monday, you drunkard.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                    It's Monday, you drunkard.
                    ITS CARNAVAL!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                      Why is that all these people who weight lift are so angry all the time?
                      Roids,it messes with the chemicals in their brain,adds estrogen and makes u moody like a woman:laugh:.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                        Roids,it messes with the chemicals in their brain,adds estrogen and makes u moody like a woman:laugh:.
                        :awes:awes

Ahhhh Rambo, with age comes wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                          The next gen consoles will probably come in 2020 at the rate game "Progress" (read: Money making schemes) are going. Some people speculate (my source: Extra credits on the escapist. Too lazy to look for video) that because of the Kinect and the Move, the current gen consoles are going to be kept for a while because Microsuck and Phony (Hur hur... I maed a funneh) have put too much money in both peripherals to just abandon them within a year.

Sorry about my side brackets... just finished a rather short shift at Mcdonalds (only 4 hours! Yay!) but I still feel dead.

Random thought: Ugh... G&L mardi gras tonight. If I could I would barracade my doors, board up my windows and keep a shotgun in one hand and a bible in the other... stupid australian gun laws...
                          Maybe, but it seems Microsoft is hiring for the next Xbox ... http://gear.ign.com/articles/115/1154053p1.html

My bet is we'll se a new gaming console E3 2012, for a 2013 release...

Comment

**** mondays, in drunk.

Comment

So they've been looking into how much cocaine Charlie Sheen has been taking. At one point it was enough to kill 2 1/2 men.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                                So they've been looking into how much cocaine Charlie Sheen has been taking. At one point it was enough to kill 2 1/2 men.

Crunch
                                This

Comment

Working...
                                X