• Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

You like?

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
      You missed my point. :P

What I'm saying is a lot of things were just weird and annoying... not progressive. PIE is progressive, its like a whole new musical experience. With your band it sounds like I'm listening to a much less talented Opeth with a lot of strangeness mixed in.

I mean to each their own I suppose, but that's my thoughts.
      so we are trying too hard, but are missing it? Yeah, in a way I know what you mean. But ofcourse, im only 16, and so is our lead singer/keyboardist. both of us have our kinks in the recordings, which are a few months old, and are still learning everyday.

At that time my timing was rather off even in the simple 4/4 bits. and 7/4 is a b!tch, as would be expected. Though I have to say, when aiming for a "gothic progressive metal" sound, Opeth did come up in my mind too.

I seem to be defending a bit, but I guess I just don't want my dweems cwushed... sorry if I seem hostile

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsent 2.0
        That'll change
        No. No it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah

You like?
          No.

That's called alcoholism. You can be a little tipsy and have fun.

Comment

How can I become black for Halloween? I need to be black from the waist up as I plan on being 2pac.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Some guy started washing my window while I was fapping. Scared the living Jesus out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
              so we are trying too hard, but are missing it? Yeah, in a way I know what you mean. But ofcourse, im only 16, and so is our lead singer/keyboardist. both of us have our kinks in the recordings, which are a few months old, and are still learning everyday.

At that time my timing was rather off even in the simple 4/4 bits. and 7/4 is a b!tch, as would be expected. Though I have to say, when aiming for a "gothic progressive metal" sound, Opeth did come up in my mind too.

I seem to be defending a bit, but I guess I just don't want my dweems cwushed... sorry if I seem hostile
              Haha well all I was saying is that you seem like you're trying to fit into the "progressive" demographic more than you are trying to make "progressive" music.

And I mean, the members of PIE are all around my age so... *shrug*

Comment

Stop saying PIE damnit. You're making me hungry...

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                  Stop saying PIE damnit. You're making me hungry...
                  hahaha, *starts chanting*

P-I-E P-I-E

Comment

School sucks

Comment

Haha well all I was saying is that you seem like you're trying to fit into the "progressive" demographic more than you are trying to make "progressive" music.

And I mean, the members of PIE are all around my age so... *shrug*
                      I dunno, I guess its just so we can cement ourselves in the genre. We are still writing, its not like it ends there. Things have been a little slow as of late, however. And we are trying to make progressive music, but its just mine and our lead singers skill that is holding us back.

And Im just annoyed at my former best friend trying to pass off his slow-deathmetal band as "progressive", when the last gig they did consisted of covers and a few original songs.

edit: crap, reallly gotta ease off the defending, now I sound like a pretentious d!ck

Comment

The hell's been up with gmail today?

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                          I dunno, I guess its just so we can cement ourselves in the genre. We are still writing, its not like it ends there. Things have been a little slow as of late, however. And we are trying to make progressive music, but its just mine and our lead singers skill that is holding us back.

And Im just annoyed at my former best friend trying to pass off his slow-deathmetal band as "progressive", when the last gig they did consisted of covers and a few original songs.

edit: crap, reallly gotta ease off the defending, now I sound like a pretentious d!ck
                          Haha nah dude, you can't really talk about your own band with sounding a little egotistical lol. All musicians do it...

But I think being truly progressive music just comes from a little creative power and a lot of practice.

Comment

So many people just disappear off this site, where do they all go?

Comment

Haha nah dude, you can't really talk about your own band with sounding a little egotistical lol. All musicians do it...

But I think being truly progressive music just comes from a little creative power and a lot of practice.
                              yeah, practice is what we need. as I said before, they were done rather early on, and it doesnt help that we are all unavailable all the freaking time. I dunno, but I guess with time we will improve

Proper random thought: Tool and Deftones at Big day out next year! :awes

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                                School sucks
                                Your mum swallows.

Hurr durr

Comment

Working...
                                X