Guild Wars 2 is the Reason Why News has Been Slow at TGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars 2 is the Reason Why News has Been Slow at TGN

All weekend, I had grand plans. I had wanted to finish up my review of Hybrid. I had wanted to start and finish the planned review of The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard. I also was contemplating on whether or not I was going to do a review for Dark Souls on the PC, and if I did do that would I review it as it is, or would I review it with the user made resolution patch included in the score?

Well, none of that happened. Here's why:

Now, while this isn't technically a review of Guild Wars 2, I will say just a few things about the game. If you're tired of World of Warcraft, or Star Wars: The Old Republic just isn't doing it for you, then you should really consider picking up Guild Wars 2. If you enjoyed the first Guild Wars, you'll enjoy this one. It's good. It's beautiful. It does a lot of things right. Best of all, the game does not include a monthly fee.

You can pay just one up-front price for the game and never have to spend another penny again. It does have optional in-game purchases where you spend real world money on in-game "gems" that are then used to buy items from the market place. However, players can choose to convert the in-game currency to gems. This method obviously takes a lot longer to do than simply buying gems for a few dollars (if you want).

Oh, and that time does include a few scattered hours where I stayed logged in while I left and did other things over the weekend. Even still, that time also includes just time spent in PvE areas, with zero time spent in any of the PvP components of the game. I also am only level 27 on my main character after all that time, with a max level of 80.

The game launches tonight, with the pre-purchase headstart having gone on all weekend. Also, if you think that time of mine is huge, I know a few others I frequently talk to that have already spent over 40 hours in the game. There is a ton to see and do, and yes, it's a great deal of fun.

I'll try to pull myself away from the game long enough to get those other reviews done. We all know how bad I am with keeping promises for getting content up, so I make none of those promises here.

Re: Guild Wars 2 is the Reason Why News has Been Slow at TGN

It's OK Zips, A full review of Guild Wars 2 would actually be pretty good!

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, I am thoroughly confused. How did you manage to play a single character for 9 minutes more than all of your characters combined?

Comment

Don't worry Zips, you, more than anyone here, deserve to enjoy some good time with any game.I'm actually thinking of getting it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          I'm not gonna lie, I am thoroughly confused. How did you manage to play a single character for 9 minutes more than all of your characters combined?
          I'm not sure. I'm guessing it's a bug because of the first day jitters during the headstart period. It was super laggy with random disconnects for the first couple of hours once it went live. I'm assuming something got screwed up in that period. I only have two characters, and the second one doesn't have any quests done on it, so your guess is as good as mine right now.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
            I'm not sure. I'm guessing it's a bug because of the first day jitters during the headstart period. It was super laggy with random disconnects for the first couple of hours once it went live. I'm assuming something got screwed up in that period. I only have two characters, and the second one doesn't have any quests done on it, so your guess is as good as mine right now.
            So, are you considering a Guild Wars 2 Review ? I need to manifest that I'm indeed interested in this game, it looks like a good alternative to WoW

Comment

It's entirely possible. I'm going to see what I can get done tonight and tomorrow for everything I need to do. From someone who's played WoW for years, has played SWTOR for a couple of months until I quit, has played Age of Conan until I realized how crap the non-starting island areas are, has played Rift and Aion, and played Guild Wars 1 for hundreds of hours...

I'll just say right now you should probably pick up Guild Wars 2. It beats the crap out of what "Mists of Pandaria" is bringing to the table for WoW, which feels more like leftovers than a new recipe.

Comment

I wish I could have played it over the summer. I don't want to get sucked in now that school has started.

Comment

Working...
                X