Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smash Cars Video "Review" - Who Wants a Jones Soda?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smash Cars Video "Review" - Who Wants a Jones Soda?!

A new game appeared on my Steam list earlier today. Smash Cars is that game. It's not even on the Steam storefront yet but it's there on my list of games. It apparently came out about two years ago on the PlayStation Network and has received rather mediocre reviews.

I bit the bullet and recorded some footage tonight of the game. Let's just say that the game was so not worth my time that I did the voice over work in one take and never looked back. Enjoy!

Oh, there's also a lot of in-game advertising for Jones Soda. I can't believe I blocked that from my memory while recording the voice over stuff but it's certainly there in the footage.

Actually, that game looked like fun. I remember Micro Machines well, but from the Amiga not NES / Genesis versions, and this looked like a kinda simple pleasure.

Comment

Man, that review sure made me thirsty.Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Jonesing for a soda? I'd never heard of that brand, incidentally.

Comment

Re: Smash Cars Video "Review" - Who Wants a Jones Soda?!

It's not as well known or widely available as say Coke-Cola or Pepsi, but it's still fairly large here. It's really some damn good soda, uses pure cane sugar, and has some unique flavors. I just don't need their ads thrown in my face in a sub-par racing game like this.

However, I want one now just from not having had one in years as my mouth honestly started to water after reading Berry Lemonade that I haven't had in forever and a day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_Soda#Beverage_lines

Comment

Working...
          X