This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TGN Giveaway: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad DDE

It's unquestionably the battlefield series. Battlefield 2 was amongst the first ,if not even the first FPS and online game i have played. Before that, all i used to play were RTS(exune 2000), RPG(exiablo and GTA) and racing games( Ex: Need for speed hot pursuit). It was introduced to me by my cousin some months after it's release ( around the Christmas of 2005) and after seeing so much together, fantastic graphics, infantry, cars, tanks, planes, helicopters, boats, all in one massive multiplayer game it seemed impossible and too good to be true to me. I loved it so much i bought it as soon as i could . Had to upgrade my old desktop just to play it and it was damn worth it!Still today, some of my best online gaming moments were spent playing battlefield 2. Then came Battlefield 2142 and i also liked it a lot, it was somehow different from Battlefield2 but it still allowed me to fulfill all my gaming needs just as BF2 did. All the teamwork, the vehicles ... epicness in general. Never had the chance to play BF1942, but i know that since that first game, to me, the battlefield games have always been innovating gaming masterpieces( with it's ups and downs of course)

I saw some Red orchestra gameplay it seems really interesting!Of course i would like to play it, all those fresh features such as the first person cover system, being able to switch between the scope and the iron sights of the same rifle, the suppression, and so much more seem great!Also i am not sure if it already has coop if it was to be added to the game after release?... Still Coop is something i just can't resist! The gameplay really reminds me of the bf2 mod FH2 mixed with the weapon handling of Resistance and Liberation(mod from hl2). Really enjoyed the tactical gameplay that FH and PR both offered, it was like a perfect pinch of teamwork and more focus on tactic being added to BF, but not exaggerating on realism, or making the game as hard/slow to play as i think ARMA2 for example is.

Comment

Without a doubt Battlefield 1942... The games that followed in the series were all good but nothing comes close to what they did in that first one. Having massive battleships shelling the mainland while fighter planes were dog fighting above was an incredible feat in my opinion, considering everything was controlled by human players. If it moved there was a player behind the wheel. Even if you never even touched a vehicle, and played it solely as an infantry game, it all added so much to the immersion having all that mayhem around you.

Comment

Day of Defeat 1.3, which makes RO2 sound extra great

Comment

Battlefield Vietnam was one of the first shooters I got into. Love that Huey Slick.

Comment

Favorite war game of all time...that's a hard one. Since I have to choose only one it would have to be the original Tribes. I hope that counts.

Comment

Call of Duty: World at War. Suffers from the CoD forumula I have never been too fond of, but what truly made the game fantastic for me was the level design, especially the final few parts of the Russian campaign.

Comment

Operation Flashpoint was the game which defined my childhood. I would sit down for hours making up stupid scenarios in the mission creator thing. Its a shame that the sequel didn't seem to live up to the original though.

Comment

Call of Duty 2... the last great game from the series about ww2

Comment

Dragon Force. the greatest modern army turn based strategy game ever.

Comment

Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Comment

Medal of honor: Spearhead or Delta Force: Black Hawk Down.

Comment

Thanks for the opportunity! My favorite war game is Jagged Alliance 2 (more guerrilla warfare than traditional, but I think it still fits the bill).

Comment

BFBC2 (and Vietnam), CoD 4, CoD: Waw, and DOD: Source. Love the Realism of the Battlefield series, and the fast pace of COD.

Comment

Red Orchestra mod

Comment

My best war game of all has to be Delta Force (the first one) made by NovaLogic. It's the first FPS I played online with a 54k connection. I played it so much I wore out the CD and had to buy another copy

Comment

Working...
                                X