This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN Giveaway: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad DDE

We have for you, the fine visitors of Total Gaming Network/CS-Nation a chance to win a free copy of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Digital Deluxe Edition.

To Enter:
    Simple. Be a registered user of these forums and post a reply below with the name of your favorite war game of all time. If you aren't a registered user here, feel free to sign up, registration is, as always, completely free.

That's it. It can be any war, real or fictional, and any game from the long history of games currently available.

We will let the contest run through the weekend and pick a winner (at random) early next week! Winners will be notified via PM and email (so be sure your profile email is up to date). If entering, be sure to check out the system requirements listed on Steam to ensure that you can run the game. It is quite demanding, so don't just assume. Be sure!

[spoil=Details about the DDE and the game itself]Steam Digital Deluxe Edition

Steam Digital Deluxe Edition adds the following extras on top of the Standard Edition:
    • Access to the final phase of closed beta before the September 13th launch
    • Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40) and Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W):
    • Team Fortress 2 German and Russian hats ("Genuine" if bought during pre-purchase):
    • Two new characters for Killing Floor - Russian and German Soldier Re-enactors:

About the Game
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, the leading tactical multiplayer WWII shooter on the PC, will take the award winning Red Orchestra franchise into the next generation of gaming. Cutting edge graphics and audio built using the Unreal Engine 3, inventive features and streamlined realism will deliver an unrivalled tactical shooter experience.

Heroes of Stalingrad will focus on the Battle of Stalingrad and the surrounding operations, both German and Russian, from July 1942 to February 1943. The game allows the player to experience one of the most brutal battles in all of human history. Delivering unrivalled accuracy and attention to detail, along with gritty, vicious combat in multiplayer and single-player modes the game will feature everything from quick, brutal firefights to more intricate and challenging tactical modes.

Key Features
    • Red Orchestra multiplayer taken to new heights: The brutal, gritty Red Orchestra gameplay has been enhanced, expanded and made more accessible. Gameplay modes as instantly recognizable as Firefight (Tripwire's take on Team Death Match), single-life gaming redefined in Countdown mode - and the Territory mode already beloved by the hundreds of thousands of Red Orchestra players worldwide.
    • Stalingrad Campaign: Before heading online hone your skills in one of two campaigns that recreate the battle for Stalingrad from both the German and Russian sides. Featuring open non-linear environments and unscripted gameplay players make their own path through the battlefield.
    • Heroes: Achieve the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.
    • First person cover system: Experience the ultimate firefights that a cover system allows, from the immersion of a first person view. Peek or blind fire over and around cover and more.
    • Unique Focus – the Battle of Stalingrad in depth: takes the familiar WWII genre into a unique direction. Far removed from the well-trodden Normandy setting, gameplay is based on fresh scenarios and actions the player has never experienced before. Follow the German army as they assault the city of Stalingrad, to the banks of the Volga. Follow the Soviet army as it holds the city against all the odds then destroys the Axis forces.
    • WWII weaponry redefined: true to life ballistics, bullet penetration, breathing, adjustable sights, free aim, weapon bracing, photo-real graphics and more, create WWII weaponry that has no equal.
    • Immersive First Person Tank Warfare: experience what it was like to fight inside one of these metal beasts in WWII with the most immersive first person tank warfare ever created. Fully modeled 3d interiors, a full AI crew, and advanced armor and damage systems create a unique tanking experience.
    • Morale: Experience what it is like to be a soldier in one of the bloodiest conflicts in history and the importance of a soldier’s state of mind and how it can turn the tide of battle. Suppress your enemies and gain the advantage in combat!
    • Persistent Stats Tracking and Player Progression: Persistence constantly gives the gamer something to strive for and keeps them playing. Grow in rank, earn achievements, improve your abilities, and become a Hero!
    • Enhanced UnrealĀ® Engine™ 3: Built on an enhanced version of Unreal Engine 3 the game features cutting edge visuals and features.

[/spoil]

Medal of Honor Allied Assault, hands down. I played that game for probably a good 6 years after release before moving on to more "modern" games. -im not really new here, i visit this site several times a day but havnt made an account until I saw this, this is a real initiative

Comment

Based off hours played, TF2. If that's not a war game, then the next one on the list is CoD4.

Comment

Battlefield 1942 - It was the game that really sparked my interest in computer games, and in computers in general.

Thank you for this great contest!

Comment

Jane's Combat Simulation, ATF Gold to be precise. That was the 1st game I spent hours playing. Good times.

Comment

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. I played that for hours when I was a kid

Comment

Battlefield 2. So much fun with all the mods (Next one the list is probably CS 1.6 and Source)

Comment

WW2 Online. Boy friend and I played it for years, until RO came along.

Comment

Hello. My favorite war game of all time is: Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis Never felt so good with a game.

Comment

Day of Defeat: Source

Comment

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.From the loads of war games I have played, CoD4 seems to be my favorite by far. The single player stroke so many emotions in me and made me feel like I was actually there fighting the war. The story was strong and came with a huge hit to the chest. I will never forget crawling out of the crashed helicopter..

Comment

Command & Conquer was the first game to make me feel like there was a war going on around me; the well fleshed out alternate reality, the cut scene cinematics, game mechanics of a real time strategy that give you a sense of the scale in war that a first person shooter isn't able to match. Company of Heroes is the latest offering in the tradition if something more modern is desired, but the original Command & Conquer would still rank as my favorite wargame of all time.

Comment

I say Medal of Honor:AA. That was and still a fantastic game, both in single or multiplayer.

Comment

Red Orchestra has to be my favorite war game of all time. I've been playing it since it was just a mod for Ut2k4 and all the way up to ROOST and now I would love to try Red Orchestra 2. I haven't had a chance to buy it yet because finances are tight. Thank you for this opportunity.

Comment

Arma II

Comment

Working...
                              X