Tell Us What Needs Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Us What Needs Fixed

Ok, I've been doing some things with the usergroup promotions tonight to try and curb some of the spambots from doing their spammy thing. Let me know if you suddenly find you're missing forum functionality in any area (posting, sigs, avatars, custom titles, blogs, PM's, etc.)

Secondly, if there are sections of the forum you feel are missing or misplaced or just look stupid. Let us know in this thread. I've been trying to get things sorted to how they were with a few changes here and there but things are bound to end up lost or incorrect.

We're just looking for suggestions on what needs fixed at the site right now. Thanks.

Re: Tell Us What Needs Fixed

Two things:
    1) I cant create threads in "News Submissions"
    2) Every TGN thread found on google points to a wrong thread now. Do you have a way of making them re-indexing the site?

Comment

I think I fixed the issue for the News Submission forum now. At least in part.

I'm not sure there's anything we can do about Google. I thought the redirect Crrrazzzy set up might work, but I've no idea.

Comment

I could make a news submission now, but I dont see the thread myself.
        But the important part is of course that you can see it, so if that works?

Comment

Yeah, I'll refix it. I have all threads moderated there but they don't have to be now since I changed the option for users seeing other's threads like it was on the old forums.

Comment

Facebook connect doesn't work or you need to do it again; but if you need to relink your TGN now CSN username to facebook then the option is missing.

Comment

this has been fixed :salute:
              Originally posted by Lordsethonan
              Facebook connect doesn't work or you need to do it again; but if you need to relink your TGN now CSN username to facebook then the option is missing.

Comment

It seems some things are now coming together after some rearrangements.

I would recommend choosing one or the other not both. Is this TGN or CSN, after one is chosen have the old domain, references, graphics and the links that were in /main redirect ( 301 Redirect ) to their new domain then updated to fit the site. After that is done add an about us page that explains why TGN is now CSN or CSN is now TGN and a backstory (History, Total BF2 to TGN, to CSN ) so we know what has been going on and what's coming in the future.

While that is being done I would also recommend removing the Inactive Members list from the show groups page.

Comment

The Inactive Members are now hidden from the show groups.

I think we're still undecided about the new site direction name. Maybe we should just make everyone happy and be called Total Counter-Battlefield Fortress 2 Nation.

Comment

The Total Battle Strike Duty Field Fortress Tournament Nation!

Comment

lol, why not just TGN?!?!!?...

Comment

So lately, when i use the quick reply instead of going advanced there is always this error that pops up: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

its not fun when you write walls of text, and it comes up with that bug and does not save the text, it has happened multiple times till i found out that it happened most of the times (probably all of them?) when i use "quick reply". I could have come earlier to talk about this but i would probably be cursing because of how pissed i was at that bug

Comment

What the hell...

Is anybody else running into this? I haven't run into that one at all yet. Are you using any script blockers here?

Comment

Well, I came back here to say "thanks" because the bug disappeared .. at least it did not happen the whole day .

Also how are we supposed to add pics to a group? I cant seem to figure that out.

Comment

Top right should be a big blue button that says "Add Pictures"

Let me know if it's not there and I'll check out usergroup permissions for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X