• Show
Clear All

Re: Left 4 Dead Mega-Contest

I'm going by game developer time.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips View Post
      I'm going by game developer time.
      I hope you aren't emulating Duke Nukem Forever's devs. Then, you would disappear into the night. :evil:

Comment

OK, you guys are officially late. You stated earlier that you would release on Monday, now it is Tuesday at least where I am from. I'm going to sleep now, but you guys are pissing me off with this noncommital stuff.

Comment

We've had a ton of fantastic entries submitted for our Left 4 Dead Mega-Contest. So many submissions were sent in that it honestly became extremely difficult for all of us to narrow down the winners to the few you'll see here today.

Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation would like to thank each and every one of you who submitted an entry. If you didn't win this time, keep an eye out for future contests!

Grand Prize Winners

- Crilix wow'ed us with some impressive artistic ability.

- Spectrality1928 laid out eight colorful pages of how he'd survive the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse!

- monkey-spank took a series of photographs that seriously impressed our judges.

- For his text based entry, The Zombies, Bobdog takes a poetic cue from Edgar Allan Poe.
          The Zombies
          By Bobdog

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
          Over many blogs and posts concerning coming Left 4 Dead,
          As I gamed, completely owning, suddenly there came a moaning,
          An otherworldly tortured groaning, groaning from my backyard shed.
          'Tis just the wind, I considered, blowing though some branches dead.
          But a fear entered my head. READ MORE...

Second Place Winners
          - iTrek and his buddies take home a second place bundle after suffering at the hands of the Infected.

- There's simply no escape from the Infected in mrmof's art.

- VHASE fends off an Infected despite the loss of his thumb.

- rabbmasterflash lays out all of his plans for how he's already prepared for the upcoming apocalypse.
          Many people will write this as if they were planning to plan for lack of a better way to put things. I am not writing this in that manner but rather, how I have already planned. If you are not ready now, you are simply begging for trouble and unfortunately pending death. My path to survival when the undead army takes over includes some basic medical and survival equipment such as first aid kits, any medicines such as pain relievers and antibiotic ointments. READ MORE...

Third Place Winners
          - ramonimbao made good use of his photo editing program of choice to bring us this bleak look into the future.

- randomduded12 pulled out all the stops in his paragraph turned novel entry.
          Chapter 1

Harsh, caustic winds swept across the barren landscape. A dense, murky fog circled all around as far as one could see and extinguished all light except for the slight pinprick of a dying cigarette bud thrown carelessly into the unflinching streets. A lone figure carefully stalked through the streets, checking around every corner for any sign of hostility. He slowly approached a debilitated, crumbling building, keeping his grip tight upon the butt of his half-empty assault rifle. READ MORE...

E-mails will be sent out on Tuesday to the winners. We would like to congratulate the winners and thank each and every person who submitted an entry. There were some truly amazing pieces submitted! We would also like to extend our thanks to Valve for providing all of the awesome contest materials to us!

The early access demo begins in just three days on November 6. The normal demo begins on November 11 for everyone else, and the game itself is released on November 18.

For more information, be sure and check out the Left 4 Dead home page, the Left 4 Dead page on Steam, or our own coverage of the title. Pre-orders are still going on, and those that pre-order will receive 10% off of the normal price.

Comment

Grats to all!

Is the game going to be a steam version or boxed version?

Comment

Originally posted by [3MD]A|Pvt.iTrek View Post
              Grats to all!

Is the game going to be a steam version or boxed version?
              Steam version (digital download) as far as I last knew.

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a sore loser (because the winners have truly excellent entries- bravo!-), but didn't you say this:

"Option 1. Write a paragraph of at least ten sentences about how you would prepare for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse..."

You said to write a paragraph, which I took to mean that you wanted a very short entry. Again, bravo to the guy who filled 8 pages, but that's hardly a paragraph. I wanted to write more for my entry, but didn't, so as to stay within the bounds of the requirements.

Oh, well. I appreciated the contest... but maybe broaden the requirements or stick to them so that everyone gets a fair shake.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBrown
                  I don't mean to sound like a sore loser (because the winners have truly excellent entries- bravo!-), but didn't you say this:

"Option 1. Write a paragraph of at least ten sentences about how you would prepare for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse..."

You said to write a paragraph, which I took to mean that you wanted a very short entry. Again, bravo to the guy who filled 8 pages, but that's hardly a paragraph. I wanted to write more for my entry, but didn't, so as to stay within the bounds of the requirements.

Oh, well. I appreciated the contest... but maybe broaden the requirements or stick to them so that everyone gets a fair shake.

Thanks.
                  at least ten sentences means 10+ so it means you can write more.

YAY, I won! I'm kind of surprised I did... It was not the best story I could have written or as long as I wanted it to be. Besides, I only entered this for fun because my PC probably can't handle Left 4 Dead (at least with third place, I get stuff I can use, other than the beta, I don't know about that working on my compoooter). Some of those other entries were great though! Congratulations everyone and a merry Awesomesauce to all!!!

Comment

E-mails will be sent out ASAP, so hopefully tomorrow some time. We were waiting on a couple of things before the mailings.

Comment

RandomDude12:

One question:

Did your entry have more than one paragraph?

Of course the rules stated that the paragraph could have been 11 sentences or 14 sentences or whatever. Sure. That's clear. But here's the thing. It said "A paragraph," which means, if I know anything at all about English, one paragraph.

We were to write one paragraph of at least 10 sentences. Those were the stated rules.

Look, I'm just bummed because I tried to be as creative as possible within the confines of the stated rules. And the reason I'm voicing my concerns here is twofold. (1). Yea, I'm a little annoyed. But (2), and more importantly, this needs to be cleared up for future contests. Mistakes happen. Fair enough. Just own up to it and change it.

Thanks.

Comment

The e-mails have been sent out. If you didn't receive the first e-mail and you are a winner, please get into contact with me (assuming you already checked your spam folder ).

Comment

Working...
                        X