Battlefield 3: Aftermath Review (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3: Aftermath Review (PC)

It's that time again! Time when a new expansion for Battlefield 3 is released and I record a video review at 2AM in the morning and then mistakenly say "Armored Warfare" instead of "Armored Kill" not once, but twice. But I digress.

This video review is for the new Aftermath expansion that has been releasing for players these past few weeks now. I, obviously, take a look at the PC version of the game and offer up my opinion on whether or not Aftermath is worth the price of admission. You know, assuming you haven't yet picked up Battlefield 3 Premium, despite it going on sale at various times already.

As always, the final score comes at the end of the video but you really should watch all of it. No really, it's quite good! Then again, I might be a bit biased.

A site that used to have such a massive opinionated group of Battlefield players suddenly goes silent with a review of the newest expansion? Impressive.

Comment

Well, I tend to agree with most of your comment about this expansion.
      At first it was a bit strange to play those maps and the scavenger mode. It's hard to define why but the experience seems to vary a lot depending on the settings (map size, player number...).

Epicenter is for me the less interesting in conquest mode but could be much fun on a crowed scavenger server.
      Scavenger mode is not my favorite mode but I have to admit that I enjoy it more after a while. Maybe it's because we all now have more experience of the maps so we don't stick with pistols fro too long.
      Some of my early games looked like running around and capture flags and eventually beiing killed by someone with a powerfull weapon.

Anyway, back to conquest mode give a pretty well balanced experience of all the Battlefield components (infantry/ground vehicules/choppers).

TDM can be pretty strange too as I found myself involved in a "Sniper Elite" game on Markaz Monolith.

The new skins are welcome as it bring a bit of fresh look in the fights but, seriously, being killed by this big black guy with his wide opened whithe eyes is freaking scary. He looks like a psychopath.

Comment

Who else felt a BF2142 nostalgia when playing these maps?

Comment

I've played it for a bit. The maps are fantastic; they are what I would have expected for the full game. Truly, they are some of my favorite maps in the game. I didn't mind too much for CQ or AK maps relative to what the game should have been originally, but these hit the spot with the mix of infantry and ground vehicle and air vehicle combat.

The only problem is that BF3 is a bit stale for me so I don't have much desire to play anymore. Level 100, top the scoreboard every game, used all the weapons, etc. Meh. Well done EA with the Premium offer, you got $50 out of me that otherwise I wouldn't have spent on DLC!
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
            Who else felt a BF2142 nostalgia when playing these maps?
            I didn't! ... Mainly because I don't own 2142. I, for whatever reason, never bought it despite owning every other major PC release in the franchise (I do not count BF Vietnam in this).

Comment

I gotta agree with Anarchy1. All 4 maps are incredibly well done and very fun to play in. I think this expansion is by far my favourite one. Let's see if End Game will surpass it.

Comment

I haven't played it because I still don't have a new gaming rig since moving to the states. I want to though. Hell, I can't even watch the video because we are on a limited mobile internet pre-paid plan (and only have a few hundred megabytes left on it)

Comment

Whoa, someone is using the mobile version of the site?

Comment

There's a mobile version?

No, I'm using one of those T-Mobile 4G laptop adapters. it costs $50 for 5gb's. even I know thats expensive

Comment

Yep. It uses the "Default Mobile Style", which you can also select from the theme switcher at the bottom of every page on the website (unless we have theme switching disabled for users... which we might).

Comment

Working...
                      X