Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revelations 2012 - The Game that Made My PC Kill Itself (TGN Video Review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelations 2012 - The Game that Made My PC Kill Itself (TGN Video Review)

I sat down about a week ago to play a lovely title by the name of Revelations 2012. The day after recording the footage, my power supply died. Coincidence or the result of my PC committing suicide for having to play this game? You be the judge.

If you really want to pick up the game for yourself, it can be purchased through Steam for $10, or $20 for a four-pack. It was originally $20 for just one copy of the game but the developer, Dark Artz Entertainment, reduced the price after the community begged for it.

Some other interesting things to note:

- The developer included and left in a nude skin for the character Kelly
    - At least one member of the staff was begging the community for Z Brush, using a picture of a "tramp stamp" prominently featured on one of the female employees of the studio. This Steam group was only recently taken down.
    - Upon starting the game for the first time, certain actions were not bound to any key. The most notable of these is "primary fire". I had to reset the keys back to default for this issue to be rectified.
    - You do not automatically pick up anything. You must press the use key ("E") to pick up everything including ammo and health pickups.
    - I mistakenly said that the max health was only 50 and everything else was bonus. The max health is 100 and everything above that is "bonus" health.

I couldn't stop laughing through your whole review, this game is truly awful. Is this even a game looks more like a mod that wasn't ever even finished. No offense to the dev. team but please do not ever make a game like this again, I don't even know if I want them to make another game :/.

Comment

I really wish I didn't run out of hard drive space. In addition to footage lost of the two AI who killed themselves on a ladder, was another part where I had to enter a small building, go up to the second floor, retrieve some item or whatever, and as soon as I did the entire building filled with deadly toxins. This was all without ANY warning and I was already low on health. That is simply bad design in so many ways.

Comment

Re: Revelations 2012 - The Game that Made My PC Kill Itself (TGN Video Review)

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
        I really wish I didn't run out of hard drive space. In addition to footage lost of the two AI who killed themselves on a ladder, was another part where I had to enter a small building, go up to the second floor, retrieve some item or whatever, and as soon as I did the entire building filled with deadly toxins. This was all without ANY warning and I was already low on health. That is simply bad design in so many ways.
        I could understand the "with out warning" system in the game if it wasn't so poorly designed and done. But overall the came looks like an unpolished and trashy mod at best, nothing more :/. I'm honestly surprised that Valve allowed this to be on the steam store, they do allow stuff up there but surprised they would allow something this bad to be up there lol. I think the only thing that could make this worst would be a malware infection on this game like that portal 2 article you posted earlier. I think my vote might be worst game of 2012 right here so far, if you even want to call this a game :/.

Comment

Working...
        X