Proteus - A Look At...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proteus - A Look At...

So, this past weekend I decided to take a look at a title called Proteus. It was just released on Steam, I knew nothing about it going into my play session on it, and I came away still feeling disappointed with it. Before recording the audio, I looked up a review for the game and saw it was given some rather high marks, which was a bit confusing.

After uploading the video, I had come to find out there was a huge deal of controversy surrounding Proteus. The developer made a blog entry defending his game in response to an article on another site, and I was just kind of there scratching my head at it all. Was Proteus really a game that was just so far above me that my simple plebeian mind didn't recognize it, or was I justified in my initial impressions?

Call it a game, call it an anti-game, call it an experience, call it whatever you want, this right here is Proteus in a nut shell.

Since making the video, I have considered going back and giving it another shot. Note that I've only considered it, not that I have. My first experience was just so dull that I'm not sure I'd want to subject myself to more of the same in the off chance something clicks and I suddenly see the "game" hidden beneath the surface.

Proteus can be yours on Steam for $9.99 (USD; on sale until the 6th for $8.99).

For me it would just be a "ah, look at the cool art this guy drew" kind of experience and that's fine. But i've seen videos on this game, and i'm pretty sure i've already seen all the content.

Comment

Minecraft 2!
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
      X