Special Forces Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Special Forces Interview

I LOL as well at that first paragraph LMAO in fact.............
    Well, of course its going to stress the system out more when in dark mode............... the Night vis will help a bit, but don't forget that the equivalent of producing blackness on a vid game of this calibre, is like the draw off your ink cartridge producing a A4 sheet of paper covered in black ink from your printer. Do you get my drift?

Who remembers the days of JO when the night maps came out as a exp and all the moans and groans from Novas clients as there PC's lock up, freeze, lag, and crash, the same thing is expected with BF2 SF in dark mode.

Just be aware that it may happen to you and keep an eye out for new vid drivers straight after the release of BF2 SF before you rush out for a new vid card.

Comment

the hype the terrible mind numbing hype. if they would only put as much effort into the game as they do into the hype.

you can put lipstick on a pick, but it's still a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Laike
        <a href="http://www.fz.se">FZ.se</a> posted an interview in swedish that was kindly translated by Fletchett, a member of the EA Games forums.<blockquote><b>Will the expansion need more in terms of system requirements compared to the original game?</b><br>They are working on the final optimizations and our goal is that there will not be. We tried to see if we could not make it the opposite actually. At the same time the darkness is the hardest thing in terms of preformance. The goal is for the system requirements to stay the same. That's what we have been told to do, that's what we are striving for. *laughter* - Battlefield 2 is demanding enough as it is... </blockquote>Check out the full translation <a href="http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9210">here</a> and the article in swedish <a href="http://www.fz.se/artiklar/article.php?id=1024">here.</a>
        why would darkness cause additional performance degredation? maybe poor sloppy coding. lets remember this is coming from the geniouses of dice canada. think bfv...

i can however understand the *laugher* they have our money and they're spending it... and they're coming for more. run away...

Comment

STOP BITCHING PEOPLE!

You know this game owns you ass!
          Probably spent enough hours on it to live a second live....

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Sly
            STOP BITCHING PEOPLE!

You know this game owns you ass!
            Probably spent enough hours on it to live a second live....
            Agreed, all those people who say bad things about BF2 still play it like two hours per day, i mean that's kinda weird. I love BF2 and i have nothing bad to say about it, i only hate those 10-yearold kiddies, who punish accidential tk's and all that stuff, but that can't be fixed, becouse retarded people will always be like that.

Im definetly going to preorder this expansion today or tomorrow. Got 75€ in my wallet and i don't have any idea, what to do with it. BLING BLING

Comment

I haven't played BF2 in a month...

Just trying to state the obvious, I'll buy it don't get me wrong but it needs patching regardless. You can't deny that, and for someone to state it and someone else to consider it "bitching" is just naive.

It looks great as does BF2 and its awesome they are putting out an expansion so quick, but fix the problems first...But if people are right to state stuff like this and it falls true no one says a word, but if it falls false everyones gonna point fingers at the people who said it needs work.
              I'll wait awhile after release before buying so I can hear the rants/raves about it first.

Comment

Originally posted by goya
                why would darkness cause additional performance degredation? maybe poor sloppy coding. lets remember this is coming from the geniouses of dice canada. think bfv...

i can however understand the *laugher* they have our money and they're spending it... and they're coming for more. run away...
                Extra lighting calulations done by the shaders. In day time you don't have to process as much.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                  :hi: :hi: :hi:
                  Damn your funny, 327 posts and a couple of days he spent browsing the forums=wasted..

Good job

Comment

Working...
                  X