Special Forces Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces Interview

<a href="http://www.fz.se">FZ.se</a> posted an interview in swedish that was kindly translated by Fletchett, a member of the EA Games forums.<blockquote><b>Will the expansion need more in terms of system requirements compared to the original game?</b><br>They are working on the final optimizations and our goal is that there will not be. We tried to see if we could not make it the opposite actually. At the same time the darkness is the hardest thing in terms of preformance. The goal is for the system requirements to stay the same. That's what we have been told to do, that's what we are striving for. *laughter* - Battlefield 2 is demanding enough as it is... </blockquote>Check out the full translation <a href="http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9210">here</a> and the article in swedish <a href="http://www.fz.se/artiklar/article.php?id=1024">here.</a>

Re: Special Forces Interview

Loser ass kids, stop spamming the board kiddies.
    Anyways having used that one dark mod map that came out there wasn't too much performance hit on our systems. Hopefully they get it optimized and we will not need to upgrade or down-grade our video settings.

<B>"- In total 10 vehicles is going to be there, Lars clarifies. In the air we can find new things such as the helicopters MI-24 HIND and the AH-64 Apache while on the ground there's now an even bigger flora of wheeled vehicles, civilian as well as millitary. The strongest impression on us visitors is made by a forklift that we quickly named Attacklift 90, a dangerous creation, especially to the person transported on the lift. Players suffering from "Top-Gun"-syndrome will miss the jets though, since they are removed from the new maps.
    - It's the only vehicle class that gets cut and it's done because the map area is so much smaller. "</B>

Interesting they have a forlift that you can be lift up on I guess to take out enemy and snipe. Sounds a little weird; and they talk about how maps are small hmmmm.

Comment

Good article, one criticism. Canada is not spelt with a K. Bad translation.

Comment

Will the expansion come with a patch for the original game?
        Yes, there will have to be a patch available for the original game at the release of the expansion.

So I guess we all know when the next patch will be coming out now.

Comment

If you before the expansion have a certain rank, will you get to keep it or are you forced to restart?
          You continue from your current rank and if you already have a very high rank you can even get unlockables directly since you have worked your way up in advance. I don't have the exact points in my head, but there is some room to play even for the high ranked players.

When you install and play the expansion you continue to build on your current profile. As you advance in rank you will gain access to weapons from the expansion to use in BF2. This means that there are no unique unlocks in the expansion but you unlock the possibility to use weapons from the expansion in the original game.
          Sigh.

Comment

*puts on flame suit and calls my fire insurance agent*

As you advance in rank you will gain access to weapons from the expansion to use in BF2. This means that there are no unique unlocks in the expansion but you unlock the possibility to use weapons from the expansion in the original game.
            OK, is this saying that if you buy Special Forces, they you'll be able to use the guns you got in SF, but in the original game? Wouldn't this mean this stuff will be included in the patch for those who aren't buying Special Forces, or are things being lost in translation?

I have spoken to the Kanada offices about that very question and they are supposed to have a solution in place which shortens your vision if you just maximize the gamma. They have a little way yet to go, the goal is however to counter any ways to cheat around the use of night vision.
            This supports my theory of people modding monitors. But I don't see them being successful in this. Someone will find a way to crank the brightness up.

Will there be any new gamemodes in the expansion? There has been a lot of talk about "supply lines"?
            No, there won't. Supply lines is something we have been testing. However any now gamemodes does not exist and we feel that the vertical gameplay is change enough. Supply lines is something that has bounced back and forth on the forums and has been talked about a lot. Vi will see if it pops up sometime in the future. It might be the perfectionist in me, but when we release something we want it to be perfect, not just perfect.
            Should end the debates on that one. And I can't say I'm surprised. And "vertical gameplay" being enough? Get real DICE...that's a sorry excuse, and BF2 was far from perfect, so the comment about them wanting something perfect is a flat out lie.

Will the expansion come with a patch for the original game?
            Yes, there will have to be a patch available for the original game at the release of the expansion.
            Thank God, took them long enough.

Comment

...but you unlock the possibility to use weapons from the expansion in the original game.
              that sounds cool.

Comment

Sounds nice!

Hope its patched prior to release rather than after or during

Comment

Sounds nice?

Sounds more like a ripoff. $50 for some dark maps, a ****ing forklift and a patch? That's sillier than trying to charge an extra $10 on BFV so you can get "extra content" on one CD instead of downloading them all for free off the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by #eDiablo|Doedel
                    Sounds nice?

Sounds more like a ripoff. $50 for some dark maps, a ****ing forklift and a patch? That's sillier than trying to charge an extra $10 on BFV so you can get "extra content" on one CD instead of downloading them all for free off the internet.
                    It's only $30. And it seems like there is more than just some dark maps and a forklift.

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
                      Loser ass kids, stop spamming the board kiddies.
                      Anyways having used that one dark mod map that came out there wasn't too much performance hit on our systems. Hopefully they get it optimized and we will not need to upgrade or down-grade our video settings.

<B>"- In total 10 vehicles is going to be there, Lars clarifies. In the air we can find new things such as the helicopters MI-24 HIND and the AH-64 Apache while on the ground there's now an even bigger flora of wheeled vehicles, civilian as well as millitary. The strongest impression on us visitors is made by a forklift that we quickly named Attacklift 90, a dangerous creation, especially to the person transported on the lift. Players suffering from "Top-Gun"-syndrome will miss the jets though, since they are removed from the new maps.
                      - It's the only vehicle class that gets cut and it's done because the map area is so much smaller. "</B>

Interesting they have a forlift that you can be lift up on I guess to take out enemy and snipe. Sounds a little weird; and they talk about how maps are small hmmmm.
                      STFU jigga

Comment

Originally posted by Fall0ut
                        STFU jigga
                        :hi: :hi: :hi:

Comment

Does anyone know if it will be mandatory for all ranked servers to patch when Special Forces comes out? Or will the only servers that have to patch be ones that are playing Special Forces maps?

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                          LOL. Serves him right.

Comment

Originally posted by TITAN126
                            Does anyone know if it will be mandatory for all ranked servers to patch when Special Forces comes out? Or will the only servers that have to patch be ones that are playing Special Forces maps?
                            Since the patch is going to be applied to both Vanilla BF2 and SF, I would think all ranked servers will require the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                              finally.

Comment

Working...
                              X