August Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: August Newsletter

Yet again it will be those mod guys who will bring the best out of this game , I dont think we aint seen nothing yet as to the potential for the bf2 engine . Think what DC done for bf42 .... different game if you ask me although I still think bf42 is worth a retro !

Comment

just keep the fire going that's all it takes to keep the game going up

Comment

Originally posted by David Champion
        Two different companies working on two different games, I don't see a problem.

EA/DICE Canada = BF2:SF
        EA/DICE = BF2
        Yes, DICE Canada!! Makers of such excellent games like.. Battlefield Vietnam

Most of these features coming out in the expansion pack are what I initially expected from BF2. Come on, night time maps were done back on BF1942 mods. This is smelling a lot like that stinking Road to Rome expansion, a few new weapons, maybe a few new models, and some nice maps but these things are easily done in mods too.

EA say they set an "aggressive" release date for the BF2 patch, but end up delaying it anyway. I've seen a lot of games have 3 or 4 patches within 2 months of the release of the game, the time between 1.01 and 1.02 has been almost 6 weeks since announcement. To EA: 6 weeks to make a mere fix-up patch is NOT an "aggressive time frame".

This expansion just confirms that EA won't add anymore maps to vanilla BF2 in any patch. Reminds me very much of Medal of Honor when EA released expansions which fixed many of the bugs in MoH:AA. Players were so frustrated they ended up buying the expansions just to patch their games basicly.

Comment

Originally posted by mko

Most of these features coming out in the expansion pack are what I initially expected from BF2. Come on, night time maps were done back on BF1942 mods. This is smelling a lot like that stinking Road to Rome expansion, a few new weapons, maybe a few new models, and some nice maps but these things are easily done in mods too.

EA say they set an "aggressive" release date for the BF2 patch, but end up delaying it anyway. I've seen a lot of games have 3 or 4 patches within 2 months of the release of the game, the time between 1.01 and 1.02 has been almost 6 weeks since announcement. To EA: 6 weeks to make a mere fix-up patch is NOT an "aggressive time frame".

This expansion just confirms that EA won't add anymore maps to vanilla BF2 in any patch. Reminds me very much of Medal of Honor when EA released expansions which fixed many of the bugs in MoH:AA. Players were so frustrated they ended up buying the expansions just to patch their games basicly.
          Who cares what they made, two different games and 2 different engines...

Many are complaining about EA/DICE not doing their job with patches and focusing on Expansions... My point was/is that two companies are working on 2 different projects. People are yelling at EA/DICE Canada about patching when they have nothing to do with it. Read the post first before ya' sound off about it. The "Expansion" will add new content but if you don't buy they won't add content to BF2 "Vanilla" as you call it? That's naive, the games been out a few months and for them not to add new content or for the community to think they won't add new content is just crazy... Of course they'll add new stuff, just because people have no patience doesn't mean this won't happen. Idle speculation is so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mko

I agree with yah there..I used to be a Big Moh:AA palyer.I remember there was like one patch for the game....Then like 3 expantions..i didn't even bother buying breakthrough cause Spearhead was crap...So for the past few years i hated EA eccept The sports games.but they did a gj on Bf2 but i hope it doesnt become an other Moh:AA

Comment

Still can't lean though.

Comment

Working...
              X