Price Increase Coming to Xbox Live Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Increase Coming to Xbox Live Gold

Those hoping for a price reduction or even a free version of Xbox Live Gold should probably stop reading. Major Nelson has just revealed, by way of his blog, that price increases are coming very soon for Xbox Live Gold memberships.

US
    Current
    1M Gold: $7.99
    3M Gold: $19.99
    12M Gold: $49.99

Starting Nov 1, 2010
    1M Gold: $9.99
    3M Gold: $24.99
    12M Gold: $59.99

UK
    Current
    1M Gold: 4.99 GBP

Starting Nov 1, 2010
    1M Gold: 5.99 GBP

Canada
    Current
    1M Gold: $8.99 CAD

Starting Nov 1, 2010
    1M Gold: $9.99 CAD

Mexico
    Current
    12M Gold: 499 Pesos

Starting Nov 1, 2010
    12M Gold: 599 Pesos

These price increases are not just for those in the United States. These price increases affect those in Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom as well as the US. These price increases will take place on November 1, 2010. If you need to renew your subscription, you should probably rush out and buy some membership cards ASAP!

Re: Price Increase Coming to Xbox Live Gold

More reason to play on the PC and not on a console.

Comment

Re: Price Increase Coming to Xbox Live Gold

Michael Pachter a guy who does video responses to game industry questions foresaw this happening and reported about it back in April

Here is a link to the video. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ep...h-attack/64491

It's the first question asked. It kinda reveals why they can charge an increase. He's also spot on with the pricing increase I think.

As long as I keep asking for the cards for my birthday I should be fine lol. I will say anything over $10 a month and I might consider goin back to PC gaming.

Comment

Working...
      X