Mafia II Demo is Starting to be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia II Demo is Starting to be Released

Update: The demo is now out through Steam for PC users: http://store.steampowered.com/app/50280/

Original: According to the latest community update from 2K for Mafia II, the demo for the game is slated to go live in just a few short hours for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC platforms.

PS3 North America: August 10, 4 - 6 PM PT / August 11, 12 AM – 2 AM GMT
    PS3 International: August 11, 12:01 - 6 AM PT / August 11, 8 AM - 2 PM GMT
    Xbox 360: August 10, 2 - 4 AM PT / August 10, 10 AM – 12 PM GMT
    PC: August 10, 12 AM PT / August 10, 8 AM GMT

For those keeping track, August 10th is tomorrow, meaning most of us are about five hours away (from the time of this post) from the demo for Mafia II!

Re: Mafia II Demo is Starting to be Released

Is this demo worth playing in your opinion Zips? I'm running low on HDD space (1tb) :>.

Comment

Yes, I think so. The demo is just a little over a gig to download, so it's relatively small. There's a lot of interaction going on, beautiful graphics (as seen below), interesting gun fights and decent hand to hand combat, believable car handling for the period cars, and nudity. So it's essentially got it all so far.

Thumbnails. All images (click them) are 1920x1080:

In case you were wondering, yes, there is actual nudity in the game. Find a Playboy, pick it up and you're greeted with an actual picture. Said picture, not pictured here. The demo has 5 of such issues, the full game apparently has 50 to find.

Comment

I agree with you, Zips. The demo is well worth the download. It was great fun, and kept some of the feel of the original Mafia. I can't wait for the full thing.

Comment

Magic word triggered. I'm soo there. Downloading, thanks Zips.

Comment

Working...
          X