Meaningful Team Fortress 2 Update Contains a few Surprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meaningful Team Fortress 2 Update Contains a few Surprises

Last night's Team Fortress 2 update brought with it some unannounced additions to what the female announcer says during the course of a round. Phrases such as "friendship ends in 10 seconds" or "you cannot hide anything from us, mercenaries" are just two of the phrases added.

While it's speculated that these new phrases are for a new game mode coming to Team Fortress 2 shortly, the phrases have started to pop up during the course of normal gameplay right now. According to Valve's Robin Walker the phrases, when they pop up now during the course of a game, are actually "meaningful."
    "So far, we haven't seen anyone on the various forums out there who's figured it out," Valve's Robin Walker told us, noting that "user reports of hearing them in-game are also legit" and "there's something about the way they're used in-game that's meaningful."

When new details are revealed you can rest assured that we'll have them here as soon as we know.

Re: Meaningful Team Fortress 2 Update Contains a few Surprises

I'd be willing to bet that it happens when one of your steam friends helps you get an achievement.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with a Steam friend helping you get a achievement.

Comment

who does those voice overs

Comment

meh... I can't stand that chicks voice anyways.... I say mute the bitch!

Comment

I got a couple of the sounds to happen to me. All of them were played while I was a Solder. They replaced other sounds that normally would have been played...

Comment

Good to know

Comment

Working...
              X