Aliens vs. Predator Banned in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens vs. Predator Banned in Australia

It appears as though another game has been refused classification in the land down under. Sega's upcoming shooter, Aliens vs. Predator, joins the ranks of Left 4 Dead 2, CrimeCraft, and others that have been refused classification in Australia due to the violence levels depicted in the game.
    "The game contains first-person perspective, close-up depictions of human characters being subjected to various types of violence, including explicit decapitation and dismemberment as well as locational damage such as stabbing through the chest, mouth, throat, or eyes," the board report stated.

"Characters can be stabbed with a Predator's wrist blade or an Alien's tail in depictions reminiscent of impalement. The Predator collects 'trophies' by explicitly ripping off human heads, their spinal columns dangling from severed necks. Heads can be twisted completely around in order to break a character's neck. Eyes can be stabbed through or gouged, leaving empty, bloodied eye sockets.

"It is noted that a player is able to combine manoeuvres together in quick succession, which further increases impact; for example, a Predator can stab a character through both eyes with its wrist blade and rip off their head, with spinal column still attached. Extensive post-mortem damage, including decapitation and dismemberment, is also possible."

An appeal of the classification refusal may be forthcoming. In a similar case, Sega Europe already stated that they would not censor the game in order to be approved by German censors.

Re: Aliens vs. Predator Banned in Australia

Australia might have just sold me on that game

Comment

Originally posted by ChinesesRubdown View Post
      Australia might have just sold me on that game
      I'd have to agree. That's a pretty good sales pitch, better than most of the trailers I've seen. Heck, better than the DEVELOPERS that are making the damn game since they just seem to be going, "Yeah... we have like... three species and um..." They are like awkward preteens boys talking to girls trying to describe their game.

Comment

You guys crack me up.

Comment

Working...
        X