Shattered Horizon Pre-Order Available Through Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Horizon Pre-Order Available Through Steam

Shattered Horizon, the upcoming FPS multiplayer title from Futuremark Games Studio is now available for pre-purchase at Steam.

Shattered Horizon is the highly anticipated first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of combat in space like no other game before.

This multiplayer first-person shooter is played entirely in zero gravity. A catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. You and your friends will join intense 32 player battles to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.

With simple and intuitive controls, you have complete freedom of movement in the distinctive zero gravity environments. Not only can you use your rocket pack to fly anywhere but you can also land on any surface to attack your enemies from unexpected angles.

Shattered Horizon challenges you to take your FPS skills to the next level adapting what you have learned on the battlefield to create new tactics in a fully three dimensional battle space. With your rifle at the ready you can handle anything the enemy can throw at you. But if you let go of your gun, chances are you’re already dead.

The game has a nice 10% discount if you purchase before the game's release. If you have any general questions about the game, feel free to ask here, though things may have changed since I last played the beta.

Re: Shattered Horizon Pre-Order Available Through Steam

Ah, how does sound work in the game? I just watched the trailer and it's either going to be no sound (realistic) or you can hear everything.

I'd rather there be sound for competitive play, but hearing bullets wiz by you in space doesn't seem like it'd fit the atmosphere, immersion wise.

Maybe a toggle feature?

Comment

Re: Shattered Horizon Pre-Order Available Through Steam

It sounds quite eerie, having played the beta up to patch 5, you get a sense of this is space, and you can only hear things that make "loud" noises like shots hitting things, explosives, and the jet packs. It's a shame they hadn't implemented any radio/comms other than the standard radio menus.

And also it doesn't feel like "Quake in space" anymore, they have added in "important" parts to shoot at on a person, like their head or their airtank/jetpack.

I hope they release a demo, as the beta does get repetitive, using the same rifle to protect a point firing off a selection of grenade types whilst sticking to the floor for some added accuracy.

From the beta I'd say they got the concept working well, now they just need to add some gameplay to separate it from the current shooters.

Comment

Working...
      X