Quake Series, Rage Coming to iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Series, Rage Coming to iPhone

The iPhone is a hot little item for the crew at id Software. It's so much of a hot item that they are planning on bringing Quake, Quake 2, Doom 2 RPG, and RAGE to the iPhone in some capacity. There is even the possibility that Quake 3 will find its way to the mobile system.
    "There’s no doubt that we’ll go through ‘Quake’ and ‘Quake 2.’ I think that I can probably manage to do ‘Quake 3′ on the conventional iPhone platform, if Apple winds up addressing just a few things in their system software. When you start looking at the 3GS, ['Quake 3'] would not be a problem at all.

"We’ve got our 3 major prongs, with the classic games ['Wolf 3D Classic,' 'Doom Classic']. We have the from scratch games, that ‘DOOM Resurrection’ is the first of, and we’ll probably have something ‘RAGE’-themed there.

"Then we’ve also got our traditional mobile games, starting with ‘Wolfenstein RPG,’ which is already done and in the can, but EA thought everyone was going to be confused about ‘Wolfenstein RPG’ and ‘Wolfenstein 3D Classic.’ They’re sitting on that for a while and I don’t know when they’re gonna get that out.

Then the expectation is that the id Mobile team will be doing the DOOM 2 RPG for the iPhone after the finish with the Java and Brew versions. I expect we’ll have an iPhone project every two to three months over the next year."

Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, and more headed to the iPhone. Which one of these upcoming games are you most looking forward to playing on your iPhone or iPod Touch?

Re: Quake Series, Rage Coming to iPhone

What, no Daikatana?

Comment

I've actually been considering getting an iPod Touch once I'm employed. Would these work on the iTouch as well, or just the iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by AlecJ32
        I've actually been considering getting an iPod Touch once I'm employed. Would these work on the iTouch as well, or just the iPhone?
        IIRC, they also work on the iPod Touch.

Comment

Working...
        X