Novint Falcon Support Officially Added to Valve's Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novint Falcon Support Officially Added to Valve's Titles

Today, official support for the Novint Falcon has been added to many of Valve's first-party titles.
    The Novint Falcon is an entirely new type of interface for PC gaming. Essentially a small robot, the Falcon lets players feel high-fidelity three-dimensional touch in enabled games.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ1Rz2clLS0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ1Rz2clLS0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

To celebrate the launch of the official support, Novint is offering a $149 bundle, a savings of $200 off of the normal retail price! Today's launch signifies the official support of the product for all Orange Box titles, including the original Half-Life 2 (by way of a small download off of the Novint website). Future titles supported will include Left 4 Dead, Day of Defeat: Source, and everybody's favorite shooter, Counter-Strike: Source.

Re: Novint Falcon Support Officially Added to Valve's Titles

sooooooooooooooo stupid

Comment

I actually own one, it's fun... gives the same old boring games a little twist. I can't stand playing CS(:S) anymore, but with that thing it might be at least a little enjoyable for a few hours a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ev!L ErN!E View Post
        sooooooooooooooo stupid
        Have you actually tried it? If not, you can't really call it stupid.

Comment

I would have to agree with Ernie, I can only see console gamers using this, maybe PC gamers as well but just the casual ones, definitely NOT for the hardcore.

Comment

I've tired one of these, didn't like it. Give me my mouse and keyboard any days. To me it felt like a unconformable joystick with a gun grip instead of the stick. I agree with nemes1s3000; this would probably be good for console gamers that want to play PC games, hardcore gamers I don't think we'd use it.

Comment

Originally posted by snkcube
              Have you actually tried it? If not, you can't really call it stupid.
              I have owned one..... and its sooooooooooooooooooo stupid.

Comment

Working...
              X