Hands-on With SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands-on With SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

G4 explains the best and biggest improvements being made to SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 over its precessor, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2. Will S:USNSFB3 have what it takes to win over your hearts this upcoming Christmas season?
    Other refinements have been made, like a subtle but significant tweak to the lock-on feature that makes these games so playable in a portable format. Now, characters who are locked on to enemies will make a greater effort to maintain that lock, even rising from a crouch if a low obstacle would break the lock. And here's one that might seem controversial to longtime SOCOM fans: The health of player characters now regenerates, making it possible for them to stay in the fight even if they've been badly wounded.(...)

I got a fair amount of hands-on time with Fireteam Bravo 3, running on the PSP go, and it's clear that enhancements have been made to the engine as well. The environments seemed lush and detailed, with excellent draw distances that make long-range sniping as viable an option as in any of the series' big brothers. The subtle improvements to lock-on and movement seemed to fit right in with my experience with the previous games, and the game didn't seem to suffer at all from the addition of two more fireteam members.
    Hey Mikey, I think he likes it!

There is more preview than what we shared here. G4 goes into detail on the multiplayer components to the game and the addition of four player co-op! Head on over to G4's The Feed for the full read.
Working...
X