CS-Nation Feature Reminder - Black Mesa Interview Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS-Nation Feature Reminder - Black Mesa Interview Questions

This is just a friendly reminder to all of our CS-Nation readers out there. We have an upcoming interview with the team from the Black Mesa modification in the works and we need you to get in some questions to ask!

We already have a fantastic lineup of questions at our disposal, but we would always love to see more. The more unique your question is, the better chance it has in appearing in the final list of questions we ask.

If you have a question, either post a reply to this news piece or in our original piece. The deadline for questions to be submitted will be Wednesday, April 29 at 11:59PM EST. If you have a question, I wouldn't suggest waiting to submit it until the last moment.

Don't forget that Black Mesa is the highly anticipated Source mod of the original Half-Life. For more information, check out the mod's official website.

Re: CS-Nation Feature Reminder - Black Mesa Interview Questions

One more for my list, which is getting rather long...

What is your favorite HL2 total conversion? (Like Dystopia, Zeno Clash, etc)

Comment

Uhmm

"Were there any times throughout the mod, where the team lost determination, resulting in the chances on the mod dying?" - I know, its worded badly

Comment

Okay, a "few" questions from me:
        • In an audio interview with ModDB, Black Mesa developers stated a release date of "2009" that you joked might mean Dec. 31, 2009 at 11:59pm... Are you still expecting to hit at or before this target release date, or have unexpected circumstances pushed back your target deadline?
        • Should we expect any further major media releases before final product launch, or was the video earlier this year your final trailer?
        • In the video released earlier, a scene is shown with a Tentacle attacking a scientist and dragging him out of the rocket propulsion chamber control room. The video is shown from dramatic camera angles, which then resolve into the 1st person player view. Should we expect Valve's "leave the player always in 1st person mode in control of their view" standard to be retained for the actual game, or are you taking some liberties with the camera work for this project?
        • While opinions vary, many players found many parts of Xen to not be particularly fun. Have any tweaks been done to try to make this section more enjoyable?
        • It's already been stated that certain changes have been made to level design and gameplay elements, such as (if my memory serves me correctly) the cannon at the dam. Is there a set process for determining when you should deviate slightly from the geometry, gameplay elements, or other aspects from the original game, or are these variations just a natural and somewhat unplanned result of having so many different developers involved?
        • Black Mesa has a huge following. How has this affected you, as the developers? Has it enhanced your motivation for the project, bogged you down in an endless quest for perfection, or had other effects you couldn't have foreseen?
        • At this point, can you play through the game from start to finish with unrefined placeholders and just be lacking various degrees of polish, or are major sections still completely missing from the game?
        • Are sections of the game in beta testing, or is the development cycle still much too far from completion to begin this process?
        • Will legal restrictions from Valve allow you to release any sort of demo of BMS that does not require owning Valve titles, or will this be a full release only?
        • Have you entered negotiations with Valve to make this an official release like Dystopia, ZPS etc?
        • What was one of your favorite moments in the original Half-Life, and what part of BMS has similarly made your jaw drop or otherwise been very memorable?
        • Should we expect rich and insightful developer commentary throughout the mod with the appropriate option checked, or is that not a feature you plan to take advantage of?
        • Will players who hated the tram ride in the original Half-Life be given an option of skipping this scene (perhaps via a pre-unlocked 2nd starting chapter past the ride) or are you keeping this mandatory like in the original?
        • What is/are the biggest hurdle(s) remaining between now and release day?

That should give you some material if you're lacking any. I'll look forward to reading the interview!

Comment

Working...
        X