X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DevgruSeal H.E wrote..

Dust + HDR = LOL WUT.
    You just lowered the IQ of everyone on this site that was unfortunate enough to read the comments on this thread. There is probably no technological concept or product that can be fairly or accurately judged by someone stupid enough to come up with a sentence such as yours.

Please refer to the following tools, which you may find helpful in the construction of your next post:

1. The English Language

2. Proper Spelling

3. Grammar

4. Logic

5. Sobriety

Comment

Militia has HDR, pretty certain...

Then again, I wouldn't know, as it's freaking impossible to play to get any admins to play that map. I'd just have to load it up myself and play with some bots. =(

Which sucks, as graphically, it's my favorite source map.

Comment

Thortok2000 wrote..

it's freaking impossible to play to get any admins to play that map
        True. But maybe because there are so few people whose PCs can handle that map without lagging and churning? I know I'd always log out when the map changed to militia, not because I dislike the map but because I know my PC wouldn't keep up.

Comment

We're headed to QuakeCon 2007 next week.
          ...Man..you'll probably get to play the new quake wars build not fair!

Comment

Scanner wrote..

You just lowered the IQ of everyone on this site that was unfortunate .. blah blah blah
            ALERT: Sarcasm Detector is Broken!

It's because of people like you that take the Internet so seriously that I enjoy humoring myself with incoherent grammar and English. Then again, you could just be new to Internet/4ch humor.

Comment

Militia is quite playable if you lower your settings. I had a below-average comp, edited a few settings, and I could play most maps at 60 fps and militia at 30 fps. (Before adjusting the settings, that was most maps at 20 fps and militia at 4 fps.)

Now I've upgraded my comp, but I haven't been able to play militia again to see what kind of fps I get.

DevgruSeal H.E wrote..

ALERT: Sarcasm Detector is Broken!

It's because of people like you that take the Internet so seriously that I enjoy humoring myself with incoherent grammar and English. Then again, you could just be new to Internet/4ch humor.
              I'm with Scanner on this one. If you have to resort to incoherency for humor, the joke dies.

Comment

Edited by [user="151473"] @ [time="1185813987"]

Scanner wrote..

True. But maybe because there are so few people whose PCs can handle that map without lagging and churning? I know I'd always log out when the map changed to militia, not because I dislike the map but because I know my PC wouldn't keep up.
                16xQ AA, 16xAF, High Quality, Supersampling for transparency AA set in the nVidia control panel, all other settings maxed out in CS control panel.

Militia was about 35FPS on the average at those settings, the stress test in CSS was 178FPS at those settings. That test either needs some serious updating, or Militia is a poorly optimized mess.

Shot 1

Shot 2

Shot 3

Comment

militia has a lot more poly's and textures then most maps.

Comment

HDR

DOES

NOT

EXIST!

Comment

havnt played css for some time since my acc. for it got hijacked, which playermodel is missing? and are the "glitches" gone or let me just ask, should i bother buying it again? sorry for being so off-topic

Comment

Edited by [user="353279"] @ [time="1185824869"]

Thortok2000 wrote..

I'm with Scanner on this one. If you have to resort to incoherency for humor, the joke dies.
                        Dust, which is brown.

HDR, which is rendering light in a larger range.

LOL WUT = My hyperbole to explain my thoughts on HDR in dust.

Can you see the incoherency peice here? The LOL WUT was my hyperbole to show how stupid it is/was to have HDR on a brown map. There isn't much color variations like there is in train, militia, etc, which have HDR, so there's not much "Ooh Ahh" factor for HDR+Dust.

If you don't get the joke, don't attack me or my grammar and spelling, especially when you've never seen my serious writing.

Comment

Guys, Valve did not make this map pack. All Valve did was advertise this map pack for Day of Defeat Source, they also lowered the price of the game as well.

This maps were made by people who are mappers and they do it in their own time, they can be found on the day of defeat forums. Fuzzdad, Shane etc and others who worked on the CAMP maps should be thanked more than Valve.

Comment

I think HDR makes map load times way longer(nuke anyone?), even if you have HDR disabled, so I hope they don't add it to any more maps

Comment

DevgruSeal H.E wrote..

Dust, which is brown.

HDR, which is rendering light in a larger range.

LOL WUT = My hyperbole to explain my thoughts on HDR in dust.
                              (I think there's something else that's brown here, but ok.)
                              Can you see the incoherency peice here? The LOL WUT was my hyperbole to show how stupid it is/was to have HDR on a brown map. There isn't much color variations like there is in train, militia, etc, which have HDR, so there's not much "Ooh Ahh" factor for HDR+Dust.

If you don't get the joke, don't attack me or my grammar and spelling, especially when you've never seen my serious writing.
                              Can you see how much better your point gets across when you don't sound like a 6-year-old who just discovered the Internet? Randomness doesn't always equal cool. My sarcasm detector is functioning fine--there needs to be a coherent thought before sarcasm works.

Comment

Edited by [user="353279"] @ [time="1185846013"]

OK.

Well, in that case, I guess you are completely unfamiliar with the typical Internet memes and/or Internet Culture and their subsequent image macros, some of which include, believe it or not...The LOL WUT pear, followed by an onslaught of various "LOL WUT." image macros.

Comment

Working...
                                X