X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupidity is not humor.

Not in my book, anyway.

I never meant to make a personal attack on you; just your joke. Stupid, inane babble killed the joke. In my eyes.

Perhaps in the eyes of the thirteen-year-olds that CAN'T type accurately when they want to, the ones creating and spreading those memes, your joke would've been funnier. In my eyes, it wasn't. I also don't think 'pwn' is a word (although 'own' is), I think the correct spelling of the word newbie is not 'nub' or 'n00b', and I don't do or say or type stupid stuff because it's stupid, even if others find it funny.

Internet culture contains some of the worst social behaviors I know of. It's not all bad, obviously, but the stupidity that runs rampant is just...stupid. And not even funny.

Comment

Yea I do agree with you on that.

I usually take and exaggerate the said memes and Internet culture to point out to them how ridiculous it is.

As an example, me and friends will respond to the 12 year old kiddies who are "pwning" us with, "lyke ur totly pwning me im so nub." Maybe they don't get it at first, but they eventually catch on that the language is stupid.

I do however realize the distinction between being serious and using said memes with my pals when we're joking around.

Either way, my point is I use memes as an exaggerated humor to bring forth stupdity. Maybe its just one of those "inside jokes" with my friends. It's hard to explain, but it's certainly not made in the manner 13 year olds take it.

Also, why no STEAM Community update? In other news, my local gaming lounge/LAN center has finally got their Steam Cafe account setup

Comment

"valve time"

was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
        X