Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I asked in #insrelease, and received this.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3730949/Insurgency_Beta

BitTorrent technology is the best thing ever created for downloading.

I waited >60 minutes to download from FilePlanet, then around 70% my internet connection froze up, resulting in a complete loss of the download.

Comment

Downloading @ 745 kB/s from CSN.

Torrent link: http://files-upload.com/341763/Insurgen....torrent.html

Comment

My 6 meg connection is being fully utilized.

Comment

This game doesn't do anything for me after "Map Loaded" in my own servers and others.

Comment

Edited by [user="246117"] @ [time="1183433683"]

This mod fucking blows, such a disappointment. There are still a plethora of bugs (thats what happens when are you still working on game code ON RELEASE DAY). Plus, the game runs like balls, I can handle Episode 1 perfectly, but in this game I get about 15-25 FPS outside. The whole game feels like you are playing in molasses. Scopes make you lag, and the class and scoring system is just wierd. I would really like to know what they have been working on for the last 3 years.

I'm going back to Project Reality for BF2.

http://www.realitymod.com/

Comment

ph03nix(k) wrote..

This mod fucking blows, such a disappointment. There are still a plethora of bugs (thats what happens when are you still working on game code ON RELEASE DAY). Plus, the game runs like balls, I can handle Episode 1 perfectly, but in this game I get about 15-25 FPS outside. The whole game feels like you are playing in molasses. Scopes make you lag, and the class and scoring system is just wierd. I would really like to know what they have been working on for the last 3 years.

I'm going back to Project Reality for BF2.

http://www.realitymod.com/
              I feel the same way man. And the creator of this mod wants to go into the game industry. Judging by this game, he'll fit right in somewhere with Activision.

Comment

Also EA.

Comment

Hey... hey guys. I screwed up the free link. It should be working now.

Comment

Zips wrote..

Hey... hey guys. I screwed up the free link. It should be working now.
                    Hay wait a minute, Insurgency isn't a skin!

And I guess since Insurgency doesn't work for me I'm just going to go along with the bad reviews and say it sucks. They sure know how to hype a crowd for nothing. HL2 is probably just ridiculously gay to mod for, seeing as how there are very few good source mods out there.

Comment

I believe you need the Source SDK Base to run this mod. Is that the issue you're having?

Comment

No I have the SDK base. I'm hearing that people lag quite a bit so I assume that my video card is just being dumb and not wanting to load the map. I have a Radeon x800 Pro and a fairly good computer but I don't really care that much if it's not fun.

Comment

Edited by [user="98598"] @ [time="1183440165"]

The game is worse then America's Army (it tries to be an Iraq AA). Credit is due to all mod teams though. So give these guys credit for their hard work. The mod is very poorly played out though imo. Gameplay is very amateur and bad (not fun, or for skilled FPS players).

Keep in mind none of this is the mappers, texturers, or modellers fault, they all did exceptional jobs. Those who designed the gameplay for actual combat really dropped the ball. An idea is always good IMO, but you REALLY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FUN for it to be successful. The game is an attempt at realism but fails huge (it actually is not close to real combat. Speaking from experience). This is not close to realism, and just comes off sloppy and poorly thought out.

Comment

I was expecting a lot better.

It's just a beta, though. It may change after a few releases, but I wasn't thoroughly impressed.

Comment

Thanks alot Zips, Rizzuh. Alot of sites don't have this and the ones that do have extremely shitty servers.

Comment

I was having a good time, its like a mix of DoD and RO.

There are bugs but they weren't so bad I refused to keep playing.

And it was running smooth on my comp with max settings BUT my box is an expensive one, I can understand it not running fast on most machines.

I give it a thumbs up

Comment

Working...
                                X