This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabe Hates PS3, Loves the Wii

It seems as though Valve's own Gabe Newell, in an interview with Game Informer magazine, voiced his love for the Wii.
    The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It’s really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted. I’d say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a “do over�. Just say, “This was a horrible disaster and we’re sorry and we’re going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it�. The happy story is the Wii. I’m betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I’m crazy. I really like everything that Nintendo is doing.
    Now, so far as anybody knows, the PS3 version of Half-Life 2: Orange is still on track but isn't being made in-house. Remember that the PS3 version is being worked on by the UK EA team. There are also no known plans for a Wii version of the Half-Life franchise. A quick thanks to entRo for bringing this to our attention.

I thought I heard Portal was going to be on the Wii? That might've just been a "Portal on the Wii would be sweet" idea, though...

Comment

cool, so you can stop visiting.

Comment

Comment

except the graphics on the wii suck ass........ and the excitement given from waving a controller around like you have parkinsons disease will soon wear off........

Comment

hahaha.

wii rocks forget you dark angel.

ps3 is a heavy piece of junk with a big price tag.

Comment

No offense Gabe but..
              I think It’s really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted.
              This seems somewhat contradicting in a number of ways.

appended @ [time="1168815875"]

DaRk-AnGeL wrote..

except the graphics on the wii suck ass........ and the excitement given from waving a controller around like you have parkinsons disease will soon wear off........
              Actually a lot of games don't even require you to wave your arms or anything. Take Zelda for example, most of the motions require just a flick of the rist.

Comment

DaRk-AnGeL wrote..

I've had a Wii since launch day, and I'm not sick of the parkinson's fun at all yet. Some of the games look pretty damn good, but most are clearly rushed, and thus, look like shit.

HL2 on the Wii would probably be ugly, but I think I'd enjoy it more than HL2 on the PS3 because of the immersive ability of the controller. I'd be more interested in seeing an original game from Valve on the Wii, like Portal.

Comment

Comment

DaRk-AnGeL wrote..

Well, most games doesn't look great until a year or so after the console launches. Like, say, the Xbox 360 had games that didn't look "next-gen" in the beginning. Now, it's starting to have games that looks pretty nice. And you should really try playing the Wii first if you think you need all that movement to play the games.

Comment

http://cache.kotaku.com/images/2006/07/codwii2.jpg

This looks like junk, and it certainly wasn't rushed since the game was ported succesfully to PS3, X360 AND PC. The ps2 had this level of graphic detail.

As far everyone crying about the fact I commented on the controller, I am aware that not all games require you to flail around like you are on crack, i'm merely saying that it is a feature that you will soon find repetitive and want to play the game without needing to put so much effort into it. I just find the whole system to be a re-hash of a combined PS2 / N64 with the added feature of an innovative controller, that's my opinion.

As it is though, if you enjoy the Wii, that is superb, i'm really happy that you enjoy the console and the new way of playing video games, and it certainly provides a higher entertainment factor than a ps3.

Comment

LOL

Valve accuses Sony of not listening to what a player base wants?

Wow, pot calling the kettle black there huh Valve?

Comment

Sony hasn't lost track of what it's customers wanted, It's just taking them a bit of time to get it done. There are many great games coming out for the PS3 next year, but I believe the low amount of quality games out for it now is killing its sales. Also I think gabe's cholesterol level is affecting his thinking because I find the Wii gets old after about an hour of play, can't say the same about my PS3.

Comment

DaRk-AnGeL wrote..

i'm merely saying that it is a feature that you will soon find repetitive and want to play the game without needing to put so much effort into it.
                            I think your missing the fact that the controller doesn't put any kind of strain on you, it doesn't take much effort and it feels rather natural once you get used to it. We all know games don't have to have powerful graphics to be fun, hell i still play tecmo super bowl for nintendo(always against another person though)

Comment

We all know that SONY HATES YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X