Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, I got bored with the Wii already, but im enjoying playing my PS3 and resistance.

Comment

Reminds me of another interview he did. I think it was a video interview about Microsoft and how they didn't give a shit about developers too. He surely does get peeved about the way developers are mishandled.

I'll take his bet though. For whatever Sony's faults the PS and PS2 were very sucessful, and I believe the PS3 will be too.

Comment

Well I'm glad to know everyone seems to be up on the subject

Let me drop some bombs on you guys.

Nintendo came out and said the Wii is not much more powerful then a Gamecube.

Also, game developers have been complaining about the PS3 SDK for a while. Where as the 360 and Wii are supposedly a dream to develop for.

Comment

Yeah, the Wii remote was apparently hard to develop for at first (requiring 3D spacial calculations and such), but there's fairly easy ways to get it to do what you want now. Nintendo has always been that way - they want developers to finish their work quickly so that games don't take years to ship.

Sony just wants hardware numbers to advertise to nerds who think they know it all but they really know jack shit about computers (hint: clockspeed is not a valid measure of performance), and as far as they're concerned, developers should be writing assembly code anyway.

Comment

DaRk-AnGeL wrote..

i'm merely saying that it is a feature that you will soon find repetitive and want to play the game without needing to put so much effort into it.
            Evidence?
            kalabalana wrote..

Nintendo came out and said the Wii is not much more powerful then a Gamecube.
            And to think, Nintendo backed up their much loved mantra of "playing is believing". I've played quite a bit of the PS3 and Xbox360, both systems are definitely far more powerful than the Wii, yet I absolutely find the Wii to be more fun.

And I hated the GameCube.

Comment

entRo wrote..

Evidence?
              Wave your hand back and forth for an hour or so. Now do it for a 3 hour gaming session. Now do that 7 times a week. months. years. etc.

You don't need evidence for this sort of thing, it's a future prediction.......

Comment

And when all else fails:

LOLOLOILOL OMG WII SUXX0RZ TEH B1G ON3!!!!!!!!!1111111111

PEE S TREE FTW!

Comment

skankuser wrote..

LOL

Valve accuses Sony of not listening to what a player base wants?

Wow, pot calling the kettle black there huh Valve?
                  HAha! Was going to post just that! I guess no one bitch about CS:S bugs or game play.

Comment

DaRk-AnGeL wrote..

Wave your hand back and forth for an hour or so. Now do it for a 3 hour gaming session. Now do that 7 times a week. months. years. etc.
                    If I may compare your calculations to masturbation, they probably understate how much "repetitive back and forth" the hand does over the years. And it still remains fun. So will the Wii.

Comment

There's like one game where you might have to wave your hands around for hours, and that's Wii sports. But complaining that Wii sports makes you have to do so much energy is like saying that going outside and playing baseball is too hard.

Comment

DaRk-AnGeL wrote..

You don't need evidence for this sort of thing, it's a future prediction.......
                        You must think there's alot more movement going on than what's necessary. Small flicks of the wrist are fine, and after a 12 hour Zelda marathon on the Wii, my arm/wrist/hand was not tired in the slightest.

And yes, when you're making matter of fact claims, you should have some evidence. Otherwise, you're making claims or predictions that are entirely baseless, and thus, not worth listening to for a second.

Comment

Ok, playing wii sports for hours on end won't make your arm feel sore or tired in the slightest, I apologise, I'm a fool, etc etc. <3 Fanboys.

Comment

Yes, that's true. But it does get boring alot faster than you would think.

Comment

wolf8218 wrote..

Yes, that's true. But it does get boring alot faster than you would think.
                              It depends on the games you play though. You can't just play one game.

Comment

Edited by [user="22953"] @ [time="1168934633"]

So, back on topic...

I don't think it's Gabe Newells place to be criticizing one particular console in this manner. The words utilized in respect to the PS3, regardless of its shortcomings, were poorly conceived, especially from such a well known figure as Gabe Newell.

Sometimes, its better to sit on the fence, or if you're not going to, at least be respectful and mature with the comments you make.

Comment

Working...
                                X