This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesko.Pk wrote..

What really grinds my gears is I can't use PayPal with Steam to order games.

Comment

thepingofdeath wrote..

$19.99 for a 4-6 hour game distributed over the web, where Valve isn't paying for publishing and boxing, is highway robbery.
      get a job

Comment

w00t w00t!! OMG OMG!!! Its going to be released much earlier then they last said!!! w000h00)!!! OMG LOVE YOU VALVe!!! Wooo!!! Can't wait to buy it now!!! Can't wait till it preloads!!! I WANT IT NOW!!! www000h0000000000000000000000!!!! I can't wait till Half-Life 2 : Episode 1: Aftermath gets onto My Games list!!! its gonna oWN!!! I can't wait to see t3h 1337 a$$ A.I. in the game1!!!! can't wait can't wait!!!! Just a week to go!!! wooh000!!! Can't wait to preload it!!@! Its going to be sooo sweett!!! EPISODE 1 WILL OWN!!! SOO MUCH!!! Can't wait to see how 1337 it is!!!! w00h00!!! Can't wait to see the many new things the game will contain!!! The A.I. is going to be the best ever to have been coded into a game!!! The A.I. will ownZZ!!! ALyx is going to be such a pwnerer with her new advance super A.I.!! GREAT JOB VALVe!!! Keeep up the amazing work!!! <3 <3

Comment

Why are people complaining about the game length? If the gameplay and plot is superb, who cares how long it last. Heck, even 20 bucks for a 90 hours game with the same tedious crap is a ripoff.

Comment

No wonder they are realesing them in episodes this way they can keep them coming out for $20 a pop rather than $60 for a whole new expansion.

Comment

thepingofdeath wrote..

Like I said before, HL2 would be the last Valve product I buy. Meaning I'll pirate HL2: EP1 :P
              Just a note to the rest of you. thepingofdeath was banned for this comment. Piracy discussions aren't something we take lightly.

$20 for ~7 hours of gameplay isn't that bad when you consider that at $50 it'd be about 17.5 hours of gameplay. This game is about the same price you'd pay per hour of gameplay compared to any other game out there. Oh, and NOBODY is forcing you to get this game at all. Keep that in mind.

Comment

obsidianelite6 wrote..

sounds like a good price, though i heard it's not quite as long as a typical expansion pack... ah well, can't wait.
                Well, probably because this isn't an expansion pack. It's an episode.

Comment

Cannot wait! Well, I can...is Alex naked in this one? Damn that woman is fine! lawl omfgbbqwtfkthx

-- BTW how in heck did she survive the combine blowing up!? -- foreal foreal

Comment

Vlux wrote..

Why are people complaining about the game length? If the gameplay and plot is superb, who cares how long it last.
                    Because like HL2, it likely wont have either.
                    Zips wrote..

Just a note to the rest of you. thepingofdeath was banned for this comment. Piracy discussions aren't something we take lightly.
                    He didn't reveal any way to pirate the game, so what's the problem? We all know that a ton of people are going to pirate this game, so who cares if he says he will? Since when is CSN on Valve's payroll?

Comment

He didn't reveal any way to pirate the game, so what's the problem? We all know that a ton of people are going to pirate this game, so who cares if he says he will? Since when is CSN on Valve's payroll?
                      amen, and tbh, it looked more like a sarcastic comment than anything else.

Comment

entRo wrote..

Because like HL2, it likely wont have either.

Its because Zips is sooooo far up valves ass its untrue.

Comment

Hahaha, listening to you guys whine about Zips is hilarious. Video game piracy, apart from being illegal, is so inherently retarded it's untrue. People complain about a video games quality, so they pirate it, robbing the people who made it of money. This makes the computer game developer receive less money for their work, possibly lowering the quality of their products further. Thus continues the cycle.

Also if you compare the amount of entertainment you'll get from this game to how much you'll pay to go to the Movies or whatever (hours per $), then you're getting extremely good bang for buck. I don't know how much it costs to see a Movie in the US, but in the UK I'd only get about 3 hours of Cinematic loveliness, and you don't even get to rewatch that.

I still don't understand why people complain about a product that no one is forcing them to buy. If you don't like the way Valve do business, then don't buy the game. Some people appear to hate Valve completely , and everything they do makes them sick - makes me wonder how crap your life must be for you to troll a CS website when you hate Valve so much.

Comment

erm, no one is saying piracy is correct, we were just commenting about someone getting banned for (what appeared to be a joke, hence the :P) simply mentioning piracy.

Comment

Edited by [user="134563"] @ [time="1143399584"]

Actually, I think piracy is a great way to try games before you shell out obscene prices for them. Many, if not most games lately just plain suck, and I think it's absolutely fair to want to try the game out before you throw down $50-60 for what stands a good chance of being a piece of shit.

Piracy doesn't rob developers of anything, since most people who pirate games probably weren't going to purchase in the first place. Games are very large, and multi-gig torrent sharing isn't exactly a huge phenomenon that your everyday gamer is willing to endure. Further, nearly all modern games with multiplayer require you to purchase the game so you can acquire a CD-key.

To say that game quality has gone down because of piracy is ridiculous. Look at the ever growing mod communities composed of mod teams that work entirely for free. Many good mods beat out big-budget games, hands down. CS, even in its mod versions before retail, still shits all over a vast amount of FPS games we get today. I think if anything, games have gotten shittier because of a lack of people making games because they love games, and a rapid growth of people making games for the big money.

Comment

oh come on zips it was obviously a joke, hence the :P

don't be a forum nazi

Comment

Working...
                                X