This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly News Update - Militia and Kalt

Do you smell that? It smells like the first Steam news update of 2006 coming at you straight from the Valve oven.
    This month we're planning map releases for both Day of Defeat: Source and Counter-Strike: Source. For Day of Defeat, we'll be releasing a completely rebuilt version of the classic map Kalt. Known as a balanced level set in winter (in German, Kalt means "cold"), Kalt is also a good choice for players who are new to Day of Defeat. For this release, there has even been some custom rendering work done in the Source engine specifically to make the snow and ice look realistic.

DoD: Source - Kalt

For Counter-Strike: Source, we'll soon be releasing Militia. This version will be a fairly major reworking of the original level, and, like the recently released Nuke, it will include HDR.

There is also now a demo available for Rag Doll Kung Fu that you can check out to see if it's the right game for you.
    I hope that the "custom rendering" work will be brought over into Office at some point, if it isn't done at the time of Kalt's release.

Now what's all this about a "major reworking" of Militia? I, and I'm sure many of you, can only hope it's not changed too drastically. Keep your fingers crossed for some bug fixes as well!

Finally, a different atmosphere for the official DoD:S maps!

I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to change militia.

Comment

HELL YEA. THANK YOU VALVE. YOU GUYS SHOULD TAKE A BREAK SINCE ITS STILL SOMEWHAT THE NEW YEARS.

Comment

Can't wait to see what they've done with Militia.

Comment

Oh my god.. the snow and ice looks beautiful, very realistic. Amazing work.

Comment

Seconded.

Two very good maps in one release. Could Valve finally be starting to pick things up more?

Do me a favor and don't answer that. Despite the fact that I refuse to complain much, this still gives me hope for them to start doing a bit better than usual.

Comment

Maybe they brought back the Weavers sign in Militia.

Comment

....Please...Please... I hope they update the AI when they release that CS_map.

Comment

I hope Valve fixes the balancing issue in Militia...

Comment

snkcube wrote..

I hope Valve fixes the balancing issue in Militia...
                    lol, i love the unbalancedness of beating the ct team to a pulp round after round, just hope they don't change it too much.

Comment

I can't wait for militia..

btw, did anyone try that Ragdoll Kungfu demo? It thought it was funny as hell, very original game.. Hard to figure out in the beginning though, because it's completly different from anything you've ever played before.. :P

Comment

w00t!!! DOD_KALT and CS_MILITIA!! Keep up the great work VALVe!!! Can't wait!

Comment

I did not like the texture of the bridge, and the snow looks a little like plastic. And there is no snow on the small trees (don't know the name for them)... and the thing that is really ugly is the point where the snow meets the walls... it looks completely unrealistic. It should not be that flat. That's my opinion, if you don't like, **** ***.

Comment

^^nitpicking are we?

I wonder which takes longer, making the huge, detailed maps, or making the high resolution models?

Comment

If you fail to see the realism in that screenshot, than your eyes are stupid. It's the after effects of a snow storm, not during a snow storm.

Comment

Working...
                              X