X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edited by [user="6035"] @ [time="1136600010"]

^Liquid Dreams^ wrote..

SOURCE sucks if you are old timer on cs 1.6, now on other hand if you was noob then went to source you wouldnt notice all the differances.

plust the ambients and footsteps sound to low compared to cs 1.6, that i hate alot.

stupid buy menus are new style no old styple list option in menu options annoy me too.
    Euhm, I've played CS since beta 1.0 in 1999, that's right since the absolute beginning (I wonder how many of the current 1.6 players can say the same? I'm sure it's not much), and I happen to like CS:S.. So who says oldtimers don't like CS:S?? And I happen to know quite a few other CS beta oldtimers that are now playing CS:S aswell, so what a flawed opinion you have there.. Also (jokingly), I guess CS:S is just to hard for you because you have to listen better and you get confused by the GUI buymenu's, and that's why you "hate" it all..

Seriously, anyone that cannot overcome the MINOR differences between 1.6 and CS:S really has some serious issues with his adapting 'skills'.. If you really think CS:S is so different from CS 1.6, then what must be happening to you when you actually play a FPS game that is really different from CS? Games like UT, or Quake etc.. Oh boy, that must be a nightmare for you then.. This is not like CS 1.6, I'm lost, all my l33t skills are gone, help me!!

For everybody that does enjoy CS:S, just continue doing so, and just ignore all the whining from all the haters, old version fanboys new version haters, and all the hitbox and headshot whiners.. That's all been going on bassicly from when CS got popualr and went retail, it's nothing new, just a bit worse since CS:S is arround, just ignore it, and enjoy the game.. CS and CS:S are very much alive!!

Ohw, and btw, I don't think CS 1.6 sucks.. I've played CS on the HL-engine for 5 years, and it was the best gamingexperience I ever had in the 12 years I play PC games now, especially in the early CS beta days.. But CS on the HL-engine (v1.6) is really obsolete now after 6+ years, so I enjoy CS:S now.. CS:S is the future, CS 1.6 is the past, nobody can argue with that imho..

Comment

Edited by [user="216545"] @ [time="1136609986"]

Sava wrote..

If I had the choice between a game that was 6 years old, or a game that had some minor "hitbox" issues (that I don't even notice); well, I choose the new game. I tried playing 1.6 the other day... it was awful. The sound sucks, the graphics are terrible, the timing is all off, the physics are all weird. The only thing I like about 1.6 is knifing. That's it. Other than that, 1.6 is complete crap. It's an obsolete game engine. In game design, even a year or two is a long time. And original CS is over 6 years old now. It's time to let go guys. It was fun back in the day, but compared to Source, 1.6 just sucks.

I don't understand why you guys are so quick to flame me and others for liking Source. I post my thoughts and right away I get people saying I'm a fool, retard, etc... oh well, if you guys are that insecure about the game that you have to insult me, then fine, whatever. And your personal attacks just go to show that your arguments are weak and you guys don't have a leg to stand on.

I'm having fun playing Source. If you guys like your 6 year old game, that's fine. I'm going to enjoy the constant updates and fixes to Source, the new content, etc. I don't care if "the pro's" play 1.6. Personally, I hate clans and "competitive" CS. All I do is get together with my friends on LAN's and we play on pubs. So what? It's fun. That's what gaming is about. FUN. Not pretending we're e-cool and trying to actually compete for something. And how many of you guys have won anything in any tournaments? Yeah... didn't think so. Most of the servers I play at are full of good players. I don't see too many n00bs running around. I've even met a lot of cool people at LAN parties from playing at the pub servers that are located around where I live (Chicago area).

Okay. Now feel free to flame me because I think your favorite version of CS sucks! :/
      what a fool.

people who say cs is the past. true. yet it will still be #1. that's that. as of now, there are 3-4x more people playing 1.6 than source. the statistics just proves it.

source will eventually get there. after more years of working on it. but for now, its 1.6.

i myself will wait 2 more years and see how it is. for now. i'll just let valve slowly work on it.

1.6 will not die.

Comment

Why did CPL drop CS:S and picked CS 1.6?

Comment

What fucking statistics prove 4x more people in 1.6 than in source Thats complete bullshit ive seen more people in source than in 1.6 a shit load of times. If you dont believe me here are the links:

At 5:00 PM Pacific Time

Counterstrike 1.6: 53,818 Players on at the current moment

Counterstrike Source: 50,288 Players on at the current moment.

Links: 1.6: http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/mods.asp?id=15&s=1

Source: http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/mods.asp?id=1111&s=1

So please tell me how are there 4 times more people playing 1.6 then source?? Please enlighten me because you obviously dont know what youre talking about. And I also doubt that the original counter-strike had this many people playing it in its first year. Also Quake 4 has at max 1000 people on ever not even that.

Comment

Edited by [user="216545"] @ [time="1136697434"]

you're gonna use gamespy statistics over steam's own statistics? are you that much of a fool? please get a knife and run into it and do some studies.

Counter-Strike 102,206 Players 60,488 Servers 5.155 billion Minutes Played This month

Counter-Strike:Source 26,801 Player 24,649Servers 1.687 billion Minutes Played This Month

http://steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html

Time: Pacific 9:16PM.

CS has been rank #1 most played thru steam ever since CS:S came out.

Comment

Ryosuke T wrote..

what a fool.

people who say cs is the past. true. yet it will still be #1. that's that. as of now, there are 3-4x more people playing 1.6 than source. the statistics just proves it.

source will eventually get there. after more years of working on it. but for now, its 1.6.

i myself will wait 2 more years and see how it is. for now. i'll just let valve slowly work on it.

1.6 will not die.
              Well, for a fool, he seems to have mastered the principles of spelling, grammar and punctuation a great deal better than you have.

Also, you STILL have NOT PROVIDED ANY EVIDENCE WHY 1.6 > CS:S.

The only valid argument I have seen is that CS:S is easier to master than 1.6, and that's not a particularly valid argument anyway.

Comment

^^^ It's all the damn bugs!! That why CPL drop CS:S and picked CS 1.6.
                Que_? wrote..

I play CS:S way more then I should. There are just too many bugs but somehow I just deal and play. Things I think they need to fix.

Defuse bug

POV

Shadows

Clipping

Tweaking the Gun

Flashbang

Players getting stuck

hostage AI

HDR lighting (shiny)

Comment

^thank you. finally somene with BRAINS. Mr DarkLite must be them new CSS fanboys who probably don't even play CS.

plus the things he just listed isn't even 1/100 of the problem that CS:S have.

Comment

The Source vs. 1.6 arguments never get anywhere. The usual suspects involved in them already have their minds made up on which one they prefer. It's internet drama at its finest.

Comment

Ryosuke T wrote..

^thank you. finally somene with BRAINS. Mr DarkLite must be them new CSS fanboys who probably don't even play CS.

plus the things he just listed isn't even 1/100 of the problem that CS:S have.
                      Well, I'd say playing CS from Retail (1.0) counts, won't you?

Also, please, list the other 99% of problems that CS:S has that I haven't posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X