This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, thanks Nathan.

Judging by his use of the word "scary" I'm guessing that thor2488 is saying he interpreted the phrase to be one of two things:
    • "Vapour treatment" is some sort of boiling enema or otherwise weird crap that doesn't make sense when referring to a mod, or

• "Vapour treatment" referred to vaporware. I think this is the more likely of the two possibilities I was able to come up with.
    As it was, the title was a play off of the common phrase "receiving the VIP treatment" and accomplished the goal of being both eye-catching/intriguing and concise. Don't really see any problem with it.

Comment

I know what Vaporware is, but given the first couple of lines in the news post itself...

Oh, whatever.

Comment

Pan the Goat God wrote..

The thing that gets me is that the VIP mod has the chicken fix in Italy. Just about every player wanted it but Valve has never mentioned a thing about "officially" bringing back the chicken.

Bastards.
        I'm pretty tired, so I may be missing your point, but cliffe actually did post at one time about Valve implementing the chickens, if you count that as official. I think it's in the 10,000 post long "bring back the chickens" thread in the steam forums.

Also VIP mod doesn't have anything to do with the chicken fix L. Duke has pleasured the community with, other than he is also the coder behind both.

I guess it's easy to write stuff off like the chickens, or the Pop dog train, or even the tribute in d2 as completely irrelevant to the game itself, but its heartening to see how strongly the community is attached to such things.

Comment

No doubt... the first thing I noticed when looking at the CS:S version of de_train was the missing Pop Dog logo. Likewise my one disappointment with cs_office_cz is the lack of a breakable credits wall. Little things like that seem minor, but you really miss them when they're gone.

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to the public release of the VIP mod, as that gameplay style has always been a favorite for me.

Comment

Interesting. . . if I remember correctly, Windows Vista is going to have native games management that does the same thing (one click updates, config from a central location, etc.)

Comment

That was mentioned as a possibility at one point, but as time goes on the feature list of Vista seems to be going down and down. There was an interview with Gabe Newell on 1up.com that featured him lamenting Microsoft ignoring what was useful for game developers, such as automatic driver updating and the like...

Hopefully feature like that will still make it in there, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Working...
              X