This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Steam News Update - Zombies

In keeping with tradition, the weekly Steam news update hits the stands with 100% more zombie talk than ever before!
    Here at Valve, we like zombies. They're dead, but they're not. They have simple tastes. They pursue their goals with an unwavering, if shambling, intensity. Having populated Half-Life and Half-Life 2 with a variety of them, we hope (and suspect) you share our affinity for these unfairly maligned creatures.

Of course, long before the denizens of the undead world began to grace games with their gruesome antics, they were already stars of the silver screen. So, this week we're stepping outside of our usual focus to tell you about our new favorite short film. It's called Zombie Movie.

A Valve employee named Mike Asquith is one of 2chums, who made the movie. Its official world-premiere is tomorrow (Saturday October 15) at Screamfest L.A. (click for show time and details), and we think that every Steam user in the area should be there. Ideally, attendance should reach call-the-fire-marshal levels. Be sure to say hi to Mike when you see him at the screening. (And just so you don't feel the need to ask him personally when HL2 Lost Coast is going to be released: we're shooting for the end of the month.)
    So, what have we learned here tonight folks? We've learned that Valve loves their zombies (and who doesn't?) and that the Lost Coast is shooting for release by the end of the month. The only thing I'm wondering is, where's the love for the ninjas?

Edited by [user="255411"] @ [time="1129340173"]

Wow, releasing a film on Steam? THATS QUITE UNIQUE!!! I'm not a fan of horror movies but I am looking forward for them to using Steam as a delivery system for films and not just games.

GOOO VALVe!!! w00t!

LOST COAST AT END OF OCTOBER!!!!! w00ttt t0 t3h m4x0rZ!!!

Comment

fuck valve.

they cant make movies now too!

Comment

They never said they are releasing it on Steam...

Altough it does look like quite a good idea, and will probeblly happend in the future...

Comment

FUCKING NINJAS

Comment

Wish I worked for valve so they could pimp out all my shit.

Comment

RP wrote..

They never said they are releasing it on Steam...
              See the 2chums website: "October 10, 2005 - We are pleased to announce the release of our short film "Zombie Movie" coming soon through Steam, a broadband platform for delivering digital content directly to your desktop."

Comment

I <3 zombie movies.

Comment

masterren wrote..

See the 2chums website: "October 10, 2005 - We are pleased to announce the release of our short film "Zombie Movie" coming soon through Steam, a broadband platform for delivering digital content directly to your desktop."
                  You win.

Comment

just another distraction from all the bugs on steam, and there will end up being 10 more bugs from this movie being released.

Comment

is there away to go back to the old steam skin?

Comment

No.

Back on topic, didn't they release several of the HL2 preview vids (the bink-encoded .exe ones) over Steam a year or so ago? Seems like this isn't the first time, but I could be mistaken.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of zombie movies (I want to be able to personally shoot the things if I have to look at 'em) but it's still cool to have the extra connection to what's going on for the guys at VALVe.

Comment

Yeah, they might love zombies, but they are showing no love for the ninjas.

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

Back on topic, didn't they release several of the HL2 preview vids (the bink-encoded .exe ones) over Steam a year or so ago? Seems like this isn't the first time, but I could be mistaken.
                            No. They were going to but never did.

Comment

they released some HL2 preview videos, they came as a 3rd CD with the retail version of CS:CZ

Comment

Working...
                              X