This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life 2 Receives Mature Rating

In a new Half-Life 2 trailer (12MB), we find out that the ESRB has given Half-Life 2 a Mature rating (ages 17+) due to blood and violence. The Mature rating does not come as much of a surprise given that the original Half-Life was also given the Mature rating. A special thanks to //z38stinger for passing along word of the rating to us.

NOOO ITS RATED M ILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET IT!!! or maybe I will...

Comment

Like that is gonna stop the sub 17 year olds from playing it..

You know overhere in the Netherlands 89% of the 10-14 year olds has a mobilephone, go figure..

Nuff crazy talk!!

Comment

Ask your mommy

Comment

elite-mafia wrote..

NOOO ITS RATED M ILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET IT!!! or maybe I will...
          Hah, sucks to be you

HL2 having a rating is a good sign; it means, its getting close. Of course, this is Valve we're talking about and it really means nothing, its just your imagination that I'm writing this.

Comment

Not that suprising.

Comment

OMG GUYS THEY'RE PUTTING THE CDs INTO SOME TYPE OF HARD PLASTIC DEVICE! I saw a leaked picture...It looks a lot like 2 Music CDs stacked on top of eachother...but molded together. A lot like Emeror: Battle For Dune's case! OMFG DUUUUDE! And it says HALF - LIFE 2 on it!!!!! AHHH!

I'm glad people aren't documenting Newell as detailed as the game

Comment

Hah, sucks to be you

HL2 having a rating is a good sign; it means, its getting close. Of course, this is Valve we're talking about and it really means nothing, its just your imagination that I'm writing this.
                I bet they made the decision of it being rated mature when they started making it....

Comment

DeSpiSe Me wrote..

OMG GUYS THEY'RE PUTTING THE CDs INTO SOME TYPE OF HARD PLASTIC DEVICE! I saw a leaked picture...It looks a lot like 2 Music CDs stacked on top of eachother...but molded together. A lot like Emeror: Battle For Dune's case! OMFG DUUUUDE! And it says HALF - LIFE 2 on it!!!!! AHHH!

I'm glad people aren't documenting Newell as detailed as the game
                  Hard to believe w/o a stable source.

Nickmw915 wrote..

I bet they made the decision of it being rated mature when they started making it....
                  Well, when DOOM 3 was getting closer to release (with in a few weeks or so) it got a rating. How can you give a game a rating at the starting of production? That seems a bit stupid. I'm sure they gave the rating when they played through a review copy of HL2. IMHO.

Comment

dumbass i was joking.. note the all caps.

Comment

elite-mafia wrote..

dumbass i was joking.. note the all caps.
                      Spoken like a 17 year old.

Comment

Edited by [user="100811"] @ [time="1095967629"]

hey blood and violence is cool but where is the gore?
                        Nickmw915 wrote..

Wrong. NO ONE but ESRB makes the decision on what the game is going to be rated, the companies who produce it have no say in what it is.
                        XTRMNTR wrote..

I'm still betting on a November release for HL2.
                        November would be the most logical guess, that's when other big name titles are going to be released (hello Christmas). I'm suprised GTA:San Andreas has been set to be released October 26th. Why they didn't wait the extra week until November is either a really smart marketing move or a really dumb one, we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

dragocore wrote..

Well, when DOOM 3 was getting closer to release (with in a few weeks or so) it got a rating. How can you give a game a rating at the starting of production? That seems a bit stupid. I'm sure they gave the rating when they played through a review copy of HL2. IMHO.
                          That, and what ma_cherie just said. I'm still betting on a November release for HL2.

Should we start a pool? Person closest to the release date wins a prize!

Comment

XTRMNTR wrote..

That, and what ma_cherie just said. I'm still betting on a November release for HL2.

Should we start a pool? Person closest to the release date wins a prize!
                            Yeah exactly, you can't give a game a rating that early in development, no way.

I'm up for a pool. November it is. I'm sure the RC didn't pass or it did and they're waiting for SOMETHING to announce a gold statement. But I think the first RC didn't pass.

I mean, CSS still has bugs -- bugs that really show. Unless they fixed what we found in the RC, that could of been a draw back.

Comment

This is a very good sine.This means half life 2 is close.either way hl2 will come out no matter what. valve will never lose that much profit no matter what. I'm expecting it to come out November i hope.hl2 is m for mater lol

Comment

Working...
                              X