This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beneath The Mousemats

UKTerrorist had the opportunity to introduce Tudor, the proclaimed "man behind Everglide" in the UK scene, and also interview him. Everglide is a company which offers a wide variety of mouse surfaces (DKT Pad anyone?) and is interesting to see just what goes on in the mousepad business.
    How have mousemats changed in the past few years?

Wow! When I started Everglide UK we had a range of 6 mouse pads, now we have 30, increasingly it is not just gamers who see the advantage of a specially designed pad, architects, engineers and artists are now choosing Everglide products for their precision and reliability. Our increased product range offers a solution that suits individual styles of use and we believe we have the most comprehensive range of pads on the market.
    Although mousepads may still be just mousepads, companies such as Everglide are a major asset to the eSports community. Take some time to read this great interview. Now off you go with your thin, dust covered, and sorry excuse of a worn down cloth mousepad.

I know that lots of people say that the mousepad makes no difference, but when I bought my Func pad I noticed a difference going from material to hard pads.

Comment

Good interview.

You wouldn't think a mouse mat was that important until you try a good one. Kind of like trying an optical mouse for the first time after only having used ball mice.

Comment

feh, i get my vitamin D by licking my goldfish at least once every scrim

Comment

Bah mousemats... gimme a break. That is what sensitivity adjustment is for. You cannot seriously tell me that your game got better because of a damn mousepad...

Comment

I did

The DKT MegaMat is a lot smoother than my old mat and has a much bigger surface.

I can have a much lower sensitivity and thus a steadier & more accurate aim.

Comment

I use an optical mouse right on the wood of my desk. I've tried a friend's Everglide for a few days (he swears by them) and was unimpressed. I've used a couple of other pads too, and since I've been using the optical mouse (for about 4 years now) I've really had no need for one. But to each his own, some people sure do love 'em.

Comment

bah, if you're a serious player you'd be using one of these. Better accuracy and speed than any mouse you're using. Take you maybe a week or two to adjust. After that, you'll be better than you ever were. I've already converted about a dozen people to one, and they're never going back.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse....aspx?pid=011

Comment

func pad is wayy better than all the other mousepads. people who say mousepads don't make a difference; haven't made a transition from a cloth pad to a func pad. the same goes for mice

Comment

Icemat After Dark > Any other mat.

Comment

On a whim I bought a Func surface a few months ago. I've never been so happy with such an acquisition - heck, even my wife liked it, it made the mouse a lot smoother and it keeps the feet of the mouse cleaner (IMO).

Before I used to use my mouse on a 30cmx30cm section of my wooden table that I had treated with just about everything that I could find to make wood slicker and anti-stick. No matter how much I tried to keep it clean, after a some 8 hours of gaming the area would start skipping and I've have to clean it up and rewax.

I'm sure YMMV, but I loved it.

Comment

I really ought to try one of these ever-so-good mousemats... I've used cloth forever...

<boast>Then again, my current one is great - Duke Nukem 3D mousemat, signed by Levelord </boast>

Comment

I cant live without my fUnc. After using it.. any other mouse pad sux.

Comment

|azure| wrote..

Bah mousemats... gimme a break. That is what sensitivity adjustment is for. You cannot seriously tell me that your game got better because of a damn mousepad...
                            well, your game does get better with a better mousepad. i didn't think so either but when i got my func pad i changed my mind. you can't just use sensitivity adjustment and expect the same results, it's the surface. it's pretty unexplainable for me to define, but the surface matters and that's it and you have to witness it to believe it.

Comment

David Johnston wrote..

I really ought to try one of these ever-so-good mousemats... I've used cloth forever...

<boast>Then again, my current one is great - Duke Nukem 3D mousemat, signed by Levelord </boast>
                              The perks of being a celebrity in the gaming community eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X