This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new breed for Gaming Leagues

Looking for a new way to play Counter-Strike and Day Of Defeat competitively? Well my son, your call has been answered, by The Online Computer Gaming League that is!

This new, flashy type of competitive sports is all about new things. Some of the things that are involved with this new gaming league are as followed and you can also visit them at:
    • mirc:

• #ocg-league irc.gamesnet.net
    [break="The General Idea"]
    This league is set aside from all other leagues due to it's perfection level, professionalism, and the true aspect of online gaming. This league is truly one of the most flexible leagues ever conceived.

General League Information :

Match Play:

Every Sunday night a auto-challenge notification will be sent out to every team captain with their match information. Team captains can choose which map they wish to play (two designated maps per week which change). If team captains cannot decide on the same map, the default map will be used. Team captains can also choose which day either Tuesday or Wednesday to have the match on. If neither team captain can agree then the default day, Wednesday, will be used. This is to give players involved in other leagues a chance to have equal match play. Match time by default is 9:00 PM Eastern.

There will be a personal message system which allows ANY registered user to communicate quickly and easily with ANY member/admin.
    On top of that, they are also looking for some admins to take up positions and help this new league grow into the next CPL...

A few things to heed before you continue, you gotta' be 18 to be an admin, and no lying, it's bad for your karma. The site is still under a little bit of development, so give it some time to finish up, but IRC and E-Mails are working so use those at your will. My gut feeling is that this league will be a good one, up in the level of CAL and CPL as far as professionalism goes. Now as I said, the site is in it's final coding stage, so hang tight until thats done.

Now go, my young and soon-to-be league admin, become world-known and admin-worthy! Contact Steve if you got any questions...

***Note*** For the record - this is a informational post. To let others know of this new league that is showing strong potential in my eyes, rules, settings and overall edits will be taking place as this league forms and grows, so don't mind if the items on this news post don't match up with their current site rules.

"This league is set aside from all other leagues due to it's perfection level"

and then

"Every Sunday night a auto-challenge notification "

Failures

And on top of that, if you read half of what it says, all that giant quote says a whole lot of nothing. Garbage says I, garbage.

Comment

Edited by [user="158830"] @ [time="1069913980"]

I feel they will be very successful.. If not, they hey, they tried. If some things don't go to plan, I'm sure then can make some edits.. How about you try things out, before opening your ass nextime.

Comment

I am one of the admins (coming to be an admin of the OCGL) and running of the Clan Host Network, and I will tell you think this league is not your average OGL crap, and CAL being weird and stuff. This league will be promissing. I might be having a bios, so thats why I will be going with this league. But I think we will have a promissing league here.

Comment

Linux wrote..

I am one of the admins (coming to be an admin of the OCGL) and running of the Clan Host Network, and I will tell you think this league is not your average OGL crap, and CAL being weird and stuff. This league will be promissing. I might be having a bios, so thats why I will be going with this league. But I think we will have a promissing league here.
          i disagree, i think this will probably be like another ogl and won't grow very big. that's not a bad thing either. two leagues are good enough for me (cal and ugs) and so is it for other people. do you really think people of higher calibur skill will want to join a league that will most likely take them no where?

making a league takes alot of work and all that, and im not trying to put them down, but do we really need another league?

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

I do think we need this league. As the founder and acting president, I have invested alot of time/Money to make this league possible. I think CAL made a few bad choices and is starting to fall apart. I posted about my league in their forums two days again and it still hasnt been removed yet. UGS, is too hard for me to understand. When you see how flexible this league is, and how user-friendly it is, you will see why having another league is worth it. CAL isn't any fun anymore. Ever since they tried to cover up the thing with ROA and dws. I believe this is what the Computer Gaming community needs.

Comment

O yeah, thats why I am still around, after 8+ years of gaming. I enjoy my work, but working in a League is one of my favorite things to do. Errr, I shouldn't say I have been in a true helper in a league... But I think UGS, stinks no offensive to them, but they need to not lose their temper on clans, for being better than the other team and having that team complaining that they cheating, and get kicked out of UGS... And I think CAL people are falling apart, they have to put a new divsion in CAL???? WOW, thats random, there is CAL-D CAL-O CAL-IM CAL-M CAL-I or did I screw something up? And now there is CAL-??? I forget, it kida shows that they are falling apart I have to agree with Steve, not because I am in OCGL, but because of his comments.

Comment

Flexibility(OCGL) = good.

Confusion/Controversy(CAL) = bad.

Generally good stuff(UGS) = good.

The problem, like other people commented, is that OCGL may never make it far enough to be an "important" league just because skeptics will eat away at it. Just a bit of advice for you, though: if OCGL does make it far, don't let it turn into CAL. I don't think that needs an explanation.

Comment

Nicely said Nunka.

Comment

omg ogc hax

Comment

Nunka wrote..

Flexibility(OCGL) = good.

Confusion/Controversy(CAL) = bad.

Generally good stuff(UGS) = good.

The problem, like other people commented, is that OCGL may never make it far enough to be an "important" league just because skeptics will eat away at it. Just a bit of advice for you, though: if OCGL does make it far, don't let it turn into CAL. I don't think that needs an explanation.
                        What's with all this CAL hate? You get banned for a year...or what?

Comment

I just found it funny that sYs73m is an admin for OCGL, which is why this post is so biased.

Comment

Ah yes, CAL is falling apart because they don't spend all of their time whoring the forums! I wonder what they could be doing instead... maybe admining and resolving disputes?

It surprised me that this league even got onto CSN news until I realized the person posting it is an admin.

Comment

Generic name alert.

Comment

Working...
                              X