Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those weapon issues with the shield are because it uses the secondary fire button to be deployed, which means no USP silencer (which is put on by the hand holding the shield), no Glock burst and no knife stab.

Comment

OMFG, I hate steam.

Like i installed it 10+ times and it doesn't work ><.

Even thou i logged in a 100 times and checking the remember pw box... it keeps asking my ID.

I got passed that prob 2 times, 1 time it just crashed and the other it kept loading like forever...

I miss 1.5 allready, hope cs2 comes out soon xD (without steam :x).

Comment

alfuh wrote..

forums give an SQL error. i see 1.6 going to 1.7 in a hurry with the amount of bugs and exploits that exist now (especially with shield)
        No, they're just going to update 1.6 randomly as if it was still in beta. 1.7 will come out if/when they do a major gameplay change.

RaptorRage wrote..

The shield bugs were all fixed for the current release. I tried out all three methods for the shield blocking exploit. None of them worked and the shield now functions as it was intended. Throughout the entire beta the shield had one issue or another but they fixed it when it really counted, the public release.
        Nrg. I went into a pub today, and everyone was dropping their shields at the end of the round... I'm not 100% how they did it, but it had the same effect as the old "lastinv" bug, they could shoot and still not be hit from the front.

appended @ [time="1063652420"]

On top of this, Steam still kills my connection whenever I update the server list. Sometimes, if I lower my rates, do a small dance, and put seven cents into my pockets, I can hit 'stop refresh' halfway through and it won't kill my internet.

Seriously, anyone who has their internet die whenever they connect, lower all your rates, and don't let the server list refresh all the way, and it just might grant you the ability to play.

Here's the rates, for those of you who don't know:

cl_updaterate 20

cl_cmdrate 20

rate 2000

Try those, then raise them when you get ingame. I'd post on the Steam forums but they're overloaded and getting MySQL errors.

Comment

I finally got 1.6 working and decided to completely reinstall 1.5 (half life, mods, and all).... guess you can't have both 1.5 WON and 1.6 STEAM as seperate units?? Anybody else got both working independently? There are parts of each I like enough to warrant having both working (not simultaneously!) as long as possible, but, now 1.6 is do-do again. If I fix 1.6 then I guess 1.5 wil be out and so on and so forth.

Comment

little deity wrote..

I finally got 1.6 working and decided to completely reinstall 1.5 (half life, mods, and all).... guess you can't have both 1.5 WON and 1.6 STEAM as seperate units?? Anybody else got both working independently? There are parts of each I like enough to warrant having both working (not simultaneously!) as long as possible, but, now 1.6 is do-do again. If I fix 1.6 then I guess 1.5 wil be out and so on and so forth.
            Don't install 1.5 to the default directory. I have 2 separate installs of 1.5 + Steam installed on my HDs. They're both installed to X:\Counter-Strike instead of the default.

Comment

The Forums are the thing that's causing the SteamPowered.com site to go down. They must be running a really shit box or something, or they MySQL is messed up. Or, they could host the forums somewhere else.

Comment

I need a solution to my problem.

And I want to know if rizzuh can get it to work.

off topic:
                Saik wrote..

*sighs*...well so much for the fusion pack or realism pack. You can't use it, every single server has that blasted "Enforcing file consistency" thing.
                i thought the fusion pack was made by people who steal peoples models and take full credit for them

in fact, many modelers put a line in the readme forbidding the models use by games fusion

though the readme usually gets deleted when a model is stolen

Comment

efficient wrote..

Yeah, that's also me in the thread guys.
                  Hey wow, you want to shutup and stop trying to brag?

Comment

is it ok to uninstall 1.5 and have 1.6 working? I need the HD space

Comment

yeah its cool..

but i just cant instal skins ..

there is no modelmap in steamapps/myemail/counterstrike/cstrike

can some1 help me?

Comment

mmm... i heart unregistered children...

so weak.

so very, very weak.

Comment

Working...
                        X