This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rev: dual optical

Mr Bond has reviewed the MouseMan Dual Optical. What makes Logitech's latest mouse special? The dual optical sensors more than a PR move, they actually improve the mouse's abilities:
    After using both this mouse and the standard Logitech Optical Mouse I did notice a difference in accuracy. It was harder to make it skip around and get lost. When I turned the sensitivity up, it was noticeably more accurate for very fine operations.

In CS, this can be very handy in those situations where you need a quick, accurate long range snipe shot. This precision is also useful in pixel-by-pixel image editing and the like. To make the MouseMan Dual Optical skip I had to literally hurl it around the mousepad. It is nice to know that in pressure situations, skipping is one thing this mouse isn't doing.
    But how does the mouse fare in other areas? Read the review to find out!

Edited by [user="21611"] @ [time="1021416515"]

1st comment!!!

Anway... I use a standard logitech single optical but after 3 or 4 great years of use it started to stick. I got the dual opitcal and I've never looked back. I dont see a huge improvement over the sinlge optical but the way it feals is so much better. Bottom line is at 50 bucks thats chump change. Why spend anything under $50 for a mouse anyway.

Comment

Ya, it's cool, but I like my iFeel Mouse

Comment

i have had no problems with my logitech single optical mouse, no skipping, no need for cleaning, no sticking, and it only cost me $20 so i see no reason to buy a 50$ mouse

Comment

i love my dual optical

Comment

Edited by [user="2065"] @ [time="1021418414"]

my intellimouse is working just fine for me...

except my dad think ill get cancer from the red light :=)

RIZZUH REMOVED MY URL TO PREVENT THE TOPIC FROM BEING DERAILED. WHAT AN A--------E!

Comment

Just the thought of a " New Vermin "......wow makes me all warm and fuzzy....First mousie...Wired junk...2nd mousie....cordless junk, wit ball mind you...3rd mousie.....AHH, Optical corded, yes this is da sh*t here guys...hehe....The biggest piece-o-crap i ever used was the BIG-M's optical.........EXPENSIVE JUNK.....I threw it in the chipper-shredder...Goodbye...cya.....Footnote: I really like the way the red light goes on.....lol.....Strabo

Comment

My MS mouse is spunktastic. Love it. A flashing, responsive buttonathon.

Comment

Edited by [user="2065"] @ [time="1021418786"]

I use the old Logitech Optical (blue Logitech logo, red under-belly). I'll have to check out the Dual Optical due to Mr Bond's recommendation, but I really wish Logitech stuck with its old design scheme. It was perfect for me.

You can see my might right here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/...m/csnation-20

Comment

I love my optical ms mouse

Comment

I actually got the mouse man dual yesterday and played with it overnight. I ended up returning it because I find aiming to be much easier with my intelliMouse explorer 3.0. The mouse man had a nice feel to it and was just as smooth as the explorer but when it came to cs I had a hard time aiming with it while with the explorer I can aim very well. So basicly I wasnt totaly disapointed with it but it didnt come to replace my explorer 3.0. As for specs the explorer 3.0's 1 optical sensor actually scans the ground more times per second then the 2 opticals on the mouse man. This is only true for the ms explorer 3.0 because while it scans 6,000 times per second the other ms opticals only do 1,500 per second and may mess up if you move them fast. One plus the mouse man dual optical has over the explorer 3.0 however, is the dpi rating. The dpi rating is double the explorer but to be honest I think they both track just as smooth.

Comment

rizzuh wrote..

I use the old Logitech Optical (blue Logitech logo, red under-belly). I'll have to check out the Dual Optical due to Mr Bond's recommendation, but I really wish Logitech stuck with its old design scheme. It was perfect for me.

You can see my might right here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/...m/csnation-20
                        You need xtra large hands for this

Comment

I have the normal Logitech blue mouse. Optical, basically all I need. At times when I'm frustrated the cord becomes a bit short, but for the sake of sanity, it's fine. No sense in spending extra if I don't gain that much, right?

Comment

LONG LIVE BALL MOUSES!!!!11

Comment

if only they made it symmetric - and possible also for lefthanded to use - then it might be worse something. Hurra for the symmetric Razer Boomslang.

Comment

Working...
                              X