This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGC Security

A new version of Online Gaming Cheat, or whatever it's called, has been released. OGC is infamous as the cheat that basically does everything to ruin someone else's game. In the latest version, 7.4, OGC can read and store all adminmod passwords. Here's what the guy who submitted the news said.
    This may be horrible news to most of you, seeing as how it now bypasses CD 1.0, but it is even more terrible for those who run and maintain Counter-Strike servers. OGC v7.4 now sniffs adminmod passwords and logs them onto a text file. So by using 'setinfo "pw-home" "etc.."' in your autoexec.cfg or setting it through console, OGC users can detect it and steal your password.
    I'm unaware of a fix, but I'm sure there's one to protect you. Try the adminmod forums.

with all due respect rish, isn't this a little too much of an advert to people to go get OGC 7.4 with these new kewl features?

Have i missed something... probably

Comment

Christ...why don't they just kill Gooseman...

Comment

Yeah because if CSN never posted about cheats no one in the world world cheat.

Comment

Kill Gooseman for...?

Comment

Cheats single-handedly gave me back my life, THE BASTARDS.

Comment

Whoa...this is not good...hopefully a detection comes out VERY soon, I don't want my server ruined, I'll be sure not to log into admin-mod :P...

Comment

fucking bastards. there should be a new feautire in 1.4 that detected if the user cheated or was working on cheats, and the mouse on their computer turned into a rabid set of teeth and bit through their chest and ripped them to pieces. and they would remain alive but be unable to move for the rest of their life and always in pain.

Comment

Edited by [user="17687"] @ [time="1015795058"]

This is not as serious as it first sounds. The AdminMod guys have long recommend that you do not use a nickname/password combination for AdminMod logins, only the WonID/Password combination. For the password to be useful to a fuckhead they would also have to have your CD-Key, which is clearly not possible.

Comment

*yawn* If you use the setinfo BS then you aint the smartest person in the h00d. The server that i admin has a password locked to my name and all i need to activate my super powers is to type "admin_pass brokoly" and im in. OGC doesnt detect this and its locked to my WONID so they can sux m1 cox!

Comment

CS

Beta

Comment

Fuck these people and their fucking hacks...

Comment

Captain Dick:

It was a kinda sarcastic joke. If they're gonna make CS a nightmare to play, why not just kill Gooseman?

Comment

Im thinking , and this is just a guess , since steam makes you "Subscribe" and you have a login name ect. Might it make it so when u get caught cheating you can no longer log into steam? Just a thought.

Comment

Edited by [user="12412"] @ [time="1015799048"]

i sure hope valve know what there workin on will work or else things will get worse

Comment

Working...
                              X