This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Vasily

Vasily, the creator of hook.dll, has been interviewed at cached.net concerning cheats. Heres the tidbit:
    styles.no: Honestly, will CS or other online games ever be 100% cheat free?

Vasily: Yes, it is possible. You just need to do ALL the things on server-side and send a rendered picture to the every client. It is very hard to cheat in such situation and these cheats won't give you a significant advantage. However at this moment this is impossible to make this because of technical causes.
    If you're not sick of reading about cheats, its Interesting stuff.

Im sick of reading about them....

Comment

great job arsen....give cheaters some time in the lime light.

YOU'RE PLAYING RIGHT INTO THEIR HANDS!!!

Comment

Edited by [user="2095"] @ [time="1014145674"]

Good read.

Bad pre-conducted interview.

Comment

Edited by [user="2065"] @ [time="1014146677"]

I don't see Vasily making forums about dying children in the middle east. Hmm. His reason as to why cheating is unimportant is silly. It's so unimportant that he invested time in making hooks just to prove he can make them? Quite the humanitarian.

Nice job exploiting death for your own use.

arsen: please know the difference between your, you're, they're, their, there, two, too, too, and the various other words that aren't the same.

Comment

Sorry boss

Comment

Edited by [user="2422"] @ [time="1014146840"]

Valve is cool, pretty damned boring i'view. I would have to agree with rizzuh on his POV.

Comment

i agree rizzah.
                I do not care about it - in my opinion it is not a problem at all and if it is a problem for someone, he has to sit and reconsider his life carefully.
                You know, I consider counter strike my hobby. Just like some people consider chess their hobby. Yes, it is a game, but on the other hand, it's fun and I do it in moderation.

So if someone is ruining my hobby or exploiting it, then I'm going to take issue with them. I don't think I need to examine my life like I have some sort of social disorder.

If people were cheating at bingo my grandma would be pissed!!!!

-atw

Comment

> styles.no: You are a god in online cheating, do you ever meet your status in real-life?
                  Uhhh way to encourage him... "You are a god"? Jesus Christ.

Also, this guy is a moron. Can't he see that just because HE doesn't think that cheating is bad, it doesn't mean that the rest of the gaming community feels the same way?

People who do things which are obviously wrong, yet don't see that they are wrong, have psychological problems.

Comment

Valve always has their thumbs up their asses... I think they only0 care about CS as much as Vasily.

Comment

i'm glad valve ignored this pudwacker. anyone who lists their hobbies and includes "talking" is a big fat f'ing gimp.

Comment

OMG ARSEN YOU HAVE DONE US GRAMMATICAL SHAME, HANG YOUR HEAD

Comment

Edited by [user="13219"] @ [time="1014156987"]

i dont know why he would want to invent cheats just because it was hard and then give it out to a limited selection of poeple so they could use it for anti cheats. if he didnt create them there wouldnt be anything to worry about. im not saying he is the only one who created cheats but so far its seemed to cause more of a problem then a solution

and the reason vavle probably didnt respond was because once he brought it up to them they were able to fix it without worrying about paying him

Comment

It would be like paying extortion money. "Um, excuse me Valve. I wrote this program that's the basis of most of the HL cheats out there. I'll fix it for you if you pay me $$$." Heck, even if he was gonna do it for free, do you think Valve would trust him with their source code? Hell no!

Comment

I would assume most here do not have the skill required to take on such a project as to reengineer a widely spread commercial product like Half-Life.

rizzuh wrote..
                              I don't see Vasily making forums about dying children in the middle east. Hmm. His reason as to why cheating is unimportant is silly. It's so unimportant that he invested time in making hooks just to prove he can make them? Quite the humanitarian.

Nice job exploiting death for your own use.
                              rizzuh, I have always respected your opinions and views on most issues, however, I think this comment of yours is utterly ignorant. First of all, the cause of most of the CS players' hatred towards cheaters is probably because they gain an unfair advantage, but why blame Vasily - A programmer hobbyist.

I admit that he do condescend almost every reader of the interview:
                              At this moment I'm working for a famous software company here in Russia. I work with cutting-edge technologies and I am paid very well. My skills are very good, and my level of programming knowledge is very advanced.
                              However, I think that most of the anger that has been caused by Vasily's hook base should be directed to the average CS cheater - Someone who downloaded a program because they wanted to laugh at the other team after killing them all within seconds of the round. As for you, rizzuh, your comparisons are simply distasteful.

DocUK

Comment

Working...
                              X