Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey spizzuh> y u ban my previous account? r u homosexualic dandrofeliactic spenis of a penis? huh? huh? huh?

Comment

hrmm csnation should stop taking news off domainofgames.com to fill its page...either that or get faster...DoG is kicking your ass

Comment

uh, Khan, they only have two of the same storied that we do. They were submitted to us by the same people who submitted em to them.

And we probably would have posted them faster if they were more interesting.

Comment

Khan wrote..

hrmm csnation should stop taking news off domainofgames.com to fill its page...either that or get faster...DoG is kicking your ass
          i'm not sure if you fully understand how "news" works.

Added @ [time="1020732458"]

asspennies wrote..

My opinion? Professional Gaming is not a sport. yet. It is right now a hobby without enough support from financers or the public to become a full-fledged sport. Give it 10 years and you'll probably see some movement towards real, honest-to-goodness sport.
          I would agree with you that it's not a sport yet. I think the biggest hurdle that gaming has to jump is being able to become more spectator friendly.

Comment

Edited by [user="2065"] @ [time="1020748728"]

Khan wrote..

The CPL sends us press releases; I post them to CSN's submit news page if I don't feel like posting the myself or sometimes I just delete the mail when it's something trivial, like NetFire.com sponsoring them.

We didn't steal this CPL press release. You cannot steal a press release. That is the point of a press release, to get press.

DoG is just a bunch of nice guys trying to help the community so I don't bother them about it other than asking Nuccio to slap up some credit here and there, but there have been times in the past where they have blantently ripped stuff from us. A recent example was the CAL draft team rosters. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, however.

The CPL appearing on TechTV isn't groundbreaking news, either.

Comment

It's not a sport PERIOD. Never will be. You know what the real fun part is, boys and girls? Everyone -including people running "esports" sites- knows it.

Think about it. If gaming is a sport, then how come they're constantly putting a fucking "E" infront of it? Because it's all they can do to keep believing in their own tripe, that's why. It's like saying "Yeah, we're SORT of a sport. Except, not. I KNOW! We'll just sneak an "E" in there to pretend we have some sort of legitimacy, despite the fact that we have nothing but retards pretending to have a clue!". Imagine that. Gaming - the almost sport. There aren't enough relevant ties to real sports to call gaming itself a sport. And i think they know it.

Who plays sports? Athletes do. Are gamers athletes? No. But instead, they'll try to makebelieve otherwise by calling themselves "CYBER" athletes. This is the gift of our generation, adding bullshit prefixes and adjectives to otherwise meaningful words? Honestly. Where does the delusional horseshit end?

Comment

Oh okay, I guess e-mail isn't really a form of communication because there is an 'e' in front of it. They call it eSports so losers like you won't complain about it being labelled a sport.

It's not like anyone really cares about your opinion; the thousands of dollars up for grab speak for themselves.

Comment

mouth = owned

Comment

Actually to get technical: The CPL sends me press releases.

Comment

egames WILL be the future of tv.

Comment

If there is money or prizes in stake... who cares whether we call it a sport or a "E"sport!?!?!?!?

Added @ [time="1020781199"]

Who is more a loser??!!?? a person who thinks its a sport or the person who doesnt like the person who thinks its a sport because he does not think its a sport?!?!?!?!

Comment

rizzuh wrote..

Oh okay, I guess e-mail isn't really a form of communication because there is an 'e' in front of it. They call it eSports so losers like you won't complain about it being labelled a sport.

It's not like anyone really cares about your opinion; the thousands of dollars up for grab speak for themselves.
                          Really now? That's the reason? Wow, i'm so glad they had that foresight then. I'm sure they had this all figured out, which is why that scene is still such a fucking mess. A scene that's more than adequately full of themselves.

Are email and mail the same? No. If they were, it'd all be called MAIL. Instead, email isn't close enough to regular mail to call it "mail" without confusion. It's "sorta like mail, but not really". Hence, Email. Hence, "e"sports.

Did i ASK you if you cared about my opinion? Have i ever insinuated that whether anyone cared or not was necessary information? No. You know better than this. When was the last time YOU asked anyone if they cared?

Oh gee, thousands of dollars. That makes all the difference. Give anyone a few thousand to pretend that red is blue and they will.

Comment

Exo wrote..

Actually to get technical: The CPL sends me press releases.
                            No.
                            mouth wrote..

Oh gee, thousands of dollars. That makes all the difference. Give anyone a few thousand to pretend that red is blue and they will.
                            There's a big difference between a few thousand and fifty thousand. Fencing probably burns around three more calories than CS, yet it is an olympic sport. Skill is the most important think in both fencing and CS, not sweat.

I hate then the gothic attitude spreads online. "NO CS ISNT A SPORT WHO WOULD BEN THAT PATHETIC oh wait they all got $10,000 lol I am a failure and can barely pay my way through college."

And, yes, e-mail is mail.

Comment

rizzuh wrote..

There's a big difference between a few thousand and fifty thousand. Fencing probably burns around three more calories than CS, yet it is an olympic sport. Skill is the most important think in both fencing and CS, not sweat.
                              Precious little difference between a "few" thousand and 50. Go dangle 5 thousand infront of someone and ask them to say that red is blue. Do it again with 50 and see if the result is any different.

Fencing requires the participants to do more than sit on their ass and move their wrists.
                              I hate then the gothic attitude spreads online. "NO CS ISNT A SPORT WHO WOULD BEN THAT PATHETIC oh wait they all got $10,000 lol I am a failure and can barely pay my way through college."
                              Again, you damned well know better. What is wrong with you today?

I never said i cared about players making money. I care about keeping the low-level political bullshit that comes with the label "sport" out of my hobby. 15-25 year olds running around acting like they have a clue, like they're "pros"? Players being left out because sponsorship can matter just as much as skill? Entire clans snubbing online play? Yeah, that's a real fun future for gaming. Clanners behaving and playing like lamers of yesteryear, yet acting like they have clout because they play for money? No fucking thanks.

Comment

Just like life/....

Comment

Working...
                                X