This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAC Update Gets Joolz

Update @ 4:33 PM PT: Because this update was kicking and banning innocent players it has been recalled. It appears that players who were falsely banned today have been unbanned. Here is what Eric Smith had to say:
    We've reverted the modules to the last public versions until we can track down the problem. We should have a fix tomorrow.
    [break="Click here for the original news post"]The public security modules were just updated to catch cheaters using the newer versions of Joolz (2.2, 2.22, and 2.30). Go, VALVe!
    *** This only affects Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat servers. ***

We've updated the public security modules again. These security modules will detect the most recent versions of Joolz (2.2, 2.22, and 2.30).

Your Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat servers should update themselves automatically. Let me know if you have any problems with these security modules and we'll look into them right away.

Thanks.

Eric Smith

VALVe

This thing is kicking innocent players..... we were in middle of clan game and half them vanished.

Comment

VaC arse kiks.

also, i was surprised to see a new news post when i pressed reload

Comment

DY357LX wrote..

This thing is kicking innocent players..... we were in middle of clan game and half them vanished.
        it just happened to be everyone in one clan, completly fucking random chance that they all got ACCIDNTLY booted. </sarcasm>

Comment

Go VALVe!

Comment

I have been playing for a year and a half without cheats and all of a sudden im banned today for 24 hours due to past offenses. I don't see how it is im banned when i never even got a chance to join a server. On top of that I've never even heard of this Joolz hack.

I all for VAC but i think this new update has some major problems as I'm not the only one that's been affected.

Comment

Re-call wrote..

it just happened to be everyone in one clan, completly fucking random chance that they all got ACCIDNTLY booted. </sarcasm>
              I didn't say "everyone in the clan" did i?!

It turns out that the file we changed last night (won server file) has to be restored.

Comment

gj VALVe, hope flautz can't find a way around this module, cause he got something against the wallhax block ..

Comment

Looks like VALVe is making some headway. This is definately good news.

Comment

Edited by [user="37623"] @ [time="1034029483"]

Its banning everyone.. the VAC is broke. I just watched my server go from 21 people to 0 all banned by anti cheat.

Someone better call somebody...

An no, they were not cheaters. It banned the guy sitting next to me and he has no cheats what-so-ever.

Let alone its banning every connection I am getting.. and I get over 10 connections a minute.

Comment

it bans people with the updated woncom.lst or whatever.

Comment

uhh, are you guys saying it booted right when it got updated?

then probably you have to reboot your servers.

Comment

No it isn't..my server is up after the update with happy players

Comment

I tried a server reboot... no go still banning. I never edited my .lst file in the first place so.... someone post a location with a good .lst file then!

Comment

What is your ip? I want to try to connect.

Comment

Working...
                              X