This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vesslan AWP guide

Over at Gamers.nu, vesslan, formerly of NiP, has released an AWP strategy guide. The guide offers a couple ways to practice, as well as a demo showing how vesslan practices. Here's an excerpt:
    Dragshot

Usually very effective on T side, when you don't know where your enemy is positioned and you jump out with no zoom (you have good field of view this way), scan off, and as you hit the ground you zoom-drag shoot. This takes some extra practice but once you get it right it's very lethal.
    To access the guide, you will need to register an account at Gamers.nu, although registering is free. So get clicking!

It's an ok guide, but most people learn this by playing a lot.

Comment

I tried some of this stuff, but some of it's hard as hell. Easier to do it with the Scout first, then graduate to AWP.

Comment

well done.

Comment

Serious Sam wrote..

You know, you probably really suck at Counter-Strike but always post stupid things like this.

Comment

this is actually a really good guide. It seems that it just teaches hwo to use AWP, but it also teaches you how to practice wiht AWP and get better with it as well. And for those of you that say "I dont need to practice im already good" this guide is from a CPL winner, and if practices no reason you shouldn't either!

Comment

Edited by [user="49750"] @ [time="1042318736"]

Serious Sam wrote..

If you're such a pro, don't read vesslan's guide and show us your skills. Now shush

ADD: good guide btw

Comment

-Dice20 wrote..

Easier to do it with the Scout first, then graduate to AWP.
                Easier on the scout? Cats are now friends with dogs!

I can't get to their article, though. The server seems to be going through puberty or something.

Comment

grrr, need to register...ok i will, since awm isnt my fav weapon

Comment

OK, I got in...
                    From the Article..

To avoid doing the same misstake take a footstep forward or backwards before you strafe and you´ll delay the sound 0.5 seconds. This way the other guy won't know on which side you are on. Also switching to handguns will come in handy as you move faster.
                    This is a really good tip. If you are playing against an experienced player, they will be listening for you to walk out, and you can fool them by moving (while staying out of the line of sight). They might take their shot and have about 2 seconds before they can shoot again (I don't take the shot until I'm settled, however).

I agree that sensitivity should be UP, and not down. It requires less movement on your part. I also think that you should have a high resolution when you play. I'd rather have smaller guys and a wider view than bigger guys but not being able to see all of them.

Good article from someone who knows what he is talking about. However, I wish it was written in better English. I couldn't understand some parts. Spell-checking my post revealed that even my quote (copy and pasted) had errors.

Comment

well he is from sweden/norway (not sure) so it's not bad. It's better than the *aAa* interview I saw when translated by google though!!!

Comment

quit raggin on serious sam. he's just saying that if you've played for a while you would have known this stuff, and he's right. he's not saying he's a pro. im no where near pro, but i knew everything in the guide (except for the way he practices).

Comment

Simplex wrote..

Easier on the scout? Cats are now friends with dogs!
                          wait wait i think this is one of those tricky jokes...i think hes saying that the gun scout not teh cat scout and the gun awp not the dog awp so tehy wont be friends so ur joke would be wrong or mabye u were talking about the cat and the dog so then they would be friends but cats and dogs arent really friends...ya...ok..im going in circles and making no sense..

Comment

KhAoS wrote..

well he is from sweden/norway (not sure) so it's not bad. It's better than the *aAa* interview I saw when translated by google though!!!
                            Vesslan is from Sweden, and in case you didn't know, Swedes are actually very good at English.

Comment

someone copy and paste, i dont wanna give them my email :\

Comment

Working...
                              X