This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs 1.6: hands-on

With CS 1.6's BETA being released this Thursday, VALVe invited many press-type folk to a playtest via Steam. Due to some backroom dealings, I was also allowed to test. So for the love of checkers read this preview, you have no idea what I had to do to get to the playtest! Here's a preview:
    The coolest new thing is the Tactical Riot Shield, which is for Counter-Terrorists only. By using secondary fire, you prop the shield in front of you. If you duck, you will completely cover the front of your body from any bullet-related danger. If you move, however, much of your body will be out of the shield's cover leaving you open to attack. You buy the shield under the equipment menu for $1,000. It will work with any pistol (although I didn't try it with the Dual Berettas) In the press test I was invited to, the shield wasn't used that often. It still has a lot of potential, though. We'll see how popular it is once the BETA begins on Thursday.
    Read the rest of the preview right here!

Elsewhere on the web, both GameSpot and ShackNews have some impressions up. GameSpot slapped up 6 cool CS 1.6 movies that you probably have to pay for, but I can't really tell since I'm a GS Complete member. I was wondering why he was good sometimes and horrible others, he must have been setting up A/V equipment like I do at school with the other LOTR/Star Wars fans.

havent got it yet, gonna try soon !!!!!!!!

Comment

Whoo hoo!! I'm ready!!

Great preview rizzuh XD

Comment

Edited by [user="2677"] @ [time="1042601617"]

The 3 frags when the bomb is defused/explodes was sort of unexpected. Definitely influences gameplay.

narby's additions/changes look great, and I can hardly not throw up in anticipation (I'm not being sarcastic).

I think the scoreboard change is about as foolish as slowing down the walking speed. But that's just me. I don't see why they don't just do alive players by frags, then dead players by frags. It seems to have no reasoning behind it.

Comment

shield on *clap clap* shield off *clap clap*

Its funny!

Comment

Exo wrote..

The 3 frags when the bomb is defused/explodes was sort of unexpected. Definatly influences gameplay.

I think the scoreboard change is about as foolish as slowing down the walking speed. But that's just me. I don't see why they don't just do alive players by frags, then dead players by frags. It seems to have no reasoning behind it.
            the bomb explode/defuse with +3 frags is cool.....who knows ???

the one who is the most useless in firefights can be up there with the rest just because he keeps blowing/defusing the bomb !!!

the thing of not being able to check whois dea or alive will be annoying.....oh god someone fixed it on v1.6 please.........

AND oh !!! There is talk of 1.7 even before 1.6 is out !!!!!!!

Comment

That multiple windows console is gonna be pimp

Comment

Counter-Strike 1.6 will be the last "traditional update" to Counter-Strike. We previously believed (and stated, based on older interviews) that 1.6 would see the integration of Steam and CS/HL, but that will happen for CS 1.7.

Comment

and....

Comment

I think the three frags will make more people plant instead of rush around like fools.

Comment

Looks awesome. I bet no one will use the shield, but all the other updates look great. I love the idea of actually giving frags for defusing/planting bombs. Finally, maybe people will actually be interested in playing team-based CS...

New rifles look sweet, but unfortunately will make SMG's that much more useless :|

I always loved the Betas and always getting new weapons and maps, and it's just awesome that after three billion years, CS finally get something new again

Comment

Wooohoo.

The glock does more damage!!!

Yay

Comment

DrMagus wrote..

I think the three frags will make more people plant instead of rush around like fools.
                          if they know where is the bombsite.......

and 90% dont

Comment

Wtf +3 frags for planting bomb, glock doing more damege, why does everyone know about this except for me?

Comment

Maybe, try reading the article?

Yes, I think that may help.

Comment

Working...
                              X