This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS 1.6 Stuff

Narby has updated his site, hosted here, with new info on the updated version of de_airstrip. With these new changes I'm sure that narby will be addressing many of the gameplay issues with Airstrip.

Second of all I have e-mailed Erik Johnson about the new buy menus included in the latest CS 1.6 BETA update. The menus basically make it a hassle for aliases to work and don't really do much else. I'm confident VALVe will do the right thing and use some static placement to help both players and automatic scripts navigate the weapon menus. When Erik replies I'll give you the 411, of course.

CS 1.6's BETA, delivered by Steam 2.0 BETA, has been suspended for the time being. Everything seems to be working great and there are thousands of players with Steam already, so I don't get why Steam hasn't been officially released to the public officially again officially, but it's probably for the best. Oh, and BETA won.

i really wish they wouldnt change the buy menus. people have been fine with them since cs came out. there was no need to change them. i really wish they would also release an install patch like the old versions. i still think a main install and then having steam to just update minor issues would have worked better. its obvious steam at its current state cant handle a mass influx

Comment

I wasn't too pleased with this steam stuff at first, but once you find servers with bandwidth, it's not so bad after all. the buy menus were a huge mistake. i like how they made CS a desktop type thing now, because before I would have to exit the game each time i wanted to switch servers cause my computer sucks.

Comment

1.6 is pretty good so far. A soon as valve fixes this stuff:

*Buy menus

*Cant press uparrow in console to get previous command

*console stops you from moving forward if you try to use it while moving.

*New smoke grenades seem to cause fps problems even on really good machines.

*Shields still seem penetrable.

Then it will be even better.

Comment

The shield is still allowing bullets to penetrate when the user strafes left or right, but it works when standing still and moving forward/backward. It's basically 50% effective at the moment and will hopefully be all fixed up for final release.

Comment

cheetarah654 wrote..

i really wish they would also release an install patch like the old versions. i still think a main install and then having steam to just update minor issues would have worked better. its obvious steam at its current state cant handle a mass influx
            VALVe is releasing an install patch like the old versions for 1.6. 1.7 will fully integrate steam for updates.

Comment

gah, i was playing 1.6 the other day, and i put me shield on and theres a guy with an ak right in front of me firing at me. it goes though the damned shield and kills me. That's a bunch of bull.

Comment

thanks for that info nightstalker

Comment

If STEAM's release has been suspended,

How come the webmaster(s) of the STEAM site

put up a page that says:

"COMING SOON"

instead of puting up a page saying:

"DUE to the enormous downloading from "rabid hungry CS fans", Steam has suspended it's beta untill further notice!"

(Or something like that!)

????

Why do we all live in a world where "DIRECT COMMUNICATION"

is not practiced??

http://csplayers.cjb.net

Comment

reason they havent released to public is because people who got it first are probably the guinea pigs, the beta testers they needed. probably didnt want to go through hassle of signing up so.. just release it and take it off after a wihle, letting it circulate. why else would they update it to unofficial testers?

Comment

Direct communication? Oh yeah, all companies in the US speak so clearly without any bias and inform us completely. After-all, we expect the companies and not their party news sources to post the real dirt.

Comment

N1ghtSt@lker wrote..

VALVe is releasing an install patch like the old versions for 1.6. 1.7 will fully integrate steam for updates.
                        Where did you get this info?

Comment

They are changing too much imho. I want my custom models/scripts and whatnot :|

Comment

wtaag wrote..

Where did you get this info?
                            I got it from Erik Johnson and posted it on our hands-on a while back.

The Steam integrating has been pushed back again to 1.7. No explanation why, and VALVe didn't really seem to think that the integrating was expected for CS 1.6 anyway.

Comment

Maybe 1.6 is basically saying, "Hey, prepare for the next version because these self updates are going to be the new deal, so you can test them out here and gest used to them." Eh, that wasn't that great, but you get the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X