This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Your Bit for 1.6

Eric Smith, coder at VALVe, has asked us to appeal to you counter-strike players out there to help crush the disappearing radar bug. He's asking anyone who has managed to REPRODUCE (and by reproduce I mean actually cause the bug over and over again deliberately - NOT by sheer chance) the bug to get in contact with him by email.

Tracking the cause of this bug isn't an easy task, which is why the community can really help here.
    "We know the bug is caused randomly, and is caused when people reconnect during a mapchange, or by using retry/reconnect. We're looking for the step by step details if anyone is able to reproduce it over and over again.."
    So, if anyone has managed to reproduce this bug, drop Eric an email with some details on what you did. Remember, we're not interested in anyone just getting the bug, only those who managed to reproduce it.

Heheh, another important bug that needs to be fixed.

Comment

wo00

public appeal

Comment

hmmm. I hardly ever have to reconnect, and I tend to get it reasonably frequently. Or else I am crazy and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

i have a feeling it is completely random and wont be reproduced

Comment

I'm not sure if it's this, but when the map loads and you press the console button and just do retry, you sometimes lose the radar... but it doesn't do it all the time

(he just said that in the post basically, so I guess it's not exactly what he wanted to know)

Comment

Yes, that's how I always get the "drawradar bug" - When the map is loading and I type retry.

Comment

yyeah chico, thats what happens to me

Comment

And so they speak.

Comment

Yeah when the map doesn't load and I have to type retry to get in is when my radar is gone most often. Though the last 3 times I just kept typing drawradar like every chance I could get and it came back in like 3 or 4 rounds, heh. I hope someone can somehow reproduce it though it may require messing around with stuff on the server and not being entirely client side, who knows.

Comment

Any chance of them actually making the radar visible for more than 20% of the time once they've stopped it disappearing?

Comment

Argh, need the radar back, it's annoying when some idiot drops the bomb somewhere in the map and you can't find it.

Comment

ya i really hope someone finds how to reproduce it.

Comment

i don't know about this bug. I rarely look at the radar. If I do need it, it's in there.

Comment

if u dont look at the radar, u must be retarded.

Comment

Working...
                              X