Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No public cheats currently work on Cheating-Death v2.6.0. (The one you're thinking of did work on 2.5.0 though, which was only out for 2-3 days).

Comment

I'm eating froot loops as I type this...

CS-Guard was the best anti cheat of the 1.3 days for sure. That thing did wonders.

Comment

Edited by [user="2199"] @ [time="1048732910"]

MikeJ wrote..

What do you mean Valve's lack of support. Don't you remember the 300+ reply flamefest on this very comment page a couple years ago. Punkbuster wanted to integrate itself with half-life and the only way they could do that is if the PB team had full unrestricted access to the HL engine source. CS-Guard was 10 times more effective than Punkbuster and it never asked for that kind of "support".
        Well... maybe you're right, and I'm just biased because I felt like Valve's decision not to give punkbuster access cost me several months of dealing with servers packed with cheaters. At the time (remember this is way pre-VAC) I felt like valve was doing nothing at all about the cheaters and that they weren't willing to help someone who would.

I was just such a big punkbuster fan when it first came out. Punkbuster was the first client side anti-cheat to be commonly accepted and on top of that it updated itself automatically- which caught many players on the =SM= server I played on back then.

I'm equally enthusiastic about Cheating-Death, I think United Admins does an amazing job which benefits the communities of multiple HL mods. I like it when I know the server I'm playing on has C-D required.I use the all seeing eye and it automatically loads up C-D for any server I join that supports it- so except for the fact that it doesn't update itself automatically (yet?) it is completely hassle free.

Now I'm going to go eat some Cocoa Puffs, old school.

Comment

But now VAC rules all so there's no need for UA and their HLG or CD anymore...

Comment

Actually if CD is anything like it use to be...it will always remain king. But nobody uses it anymore because it's really not worth the hastle on pubs (client side forced download to play) when you see a blatant cheater maybe once a month...and a "hmm that was fishy" cheater every couple of days or so if that depending on how paranoid you are.

Comment

the C-D client auto-updates itself! MikeJ, i disagree. Cheating is still a fairly big problem, there are numerous cheats that get past HLG and VAC. The CS community needs to embrace C-D, it's only ~220k download.. nothing heavy.

Comment

Now if only CD (or VAC, for that matter) had CS 1.6/Steam support. So far, there's been at least 1 cheater on every single server I've been on. I love the new stuff, but this is just getting irritating.

Comment

Edited by [user="26841"] @ [time="1048888371"]

Sure fire way of not seeing any cheats!!!!!!

Take down the HL, CS servers...........

C-D anounces or kicks cheaters????? Haven't seen that yet but I have seen a few players just standing there complaining they can't move and all their binds are gone!! :-)

[Removed link to cheat site. -Nighthawk]

Listed under C-D, all detected :-)

Comment

I can't seem to see what's so bad about cheating. I cheat, u cheat and everyone does it. What's CounterStrike without the h4x0rs? It wont be fun anymore. I mean, when u use hack and headshot a n00b through a wall and he goes "wtf u gay h4x0r!!!" doesn't that give u a sense of achievement? I mean, cheating is ok. but not cheating is not ok =).

Hmm... Why do i have that kind of "omg when the moderators see me, i'll be in deep crap" feeling...

Comment

I've never cheated in my life. And good ol' cd is helping me to keep playing CS without cheats.

Comment

salkdf wrote..

I can't seem to see what's so bad about cheating. I cheat, u cheat and everyone does it. What's CounterStrike without the h4x0rs? It wont be fun anymore. I mean, when u use hack and headshot a n00b through a wall and he goes "wtf u gay h4x0r!!!" doesn't that give u a sense of achievement? I mean, cheating is ok. but not cheating is not ok =).

Hmm... Why do i have that kind of "omg when the moderators see me, i'll be in deep crap" feeling...
                        Oh my :O

Comment

I don't understand the concept behind Cheating Death. So is it up to the player's responsibility to downlaod CD? Is the purpose to tell the server that "yes, I am running CD so I can't be cheating"?

Is that how it works?

Comment

no: some servers have it optional (if you don't you have a [*****] tag)

sometimes you must have it, or you can't play on that server.

of you have [*****] and are having a high score, chances are you'll be accused of cheating, even if you're not, or even if someone without the ***** has a better score than you.

Comment

DudesAPlenty wrote..

I don't understand the concept behind Cheating Death. So is it up to the player's responsibility to downlaod CD? Is the purpose to tell the server that "yes, I am running CD so I can't be cheating"?

Is that how it works?
                              The concept behind Cheating Death is to make cheats less effective rather than detecting cheats and banning people playing with them. I think it was a great idea because at least it will give coders of cheating death less frequent releases and a hard time for hackers.

Comment

Helkite wrote..

But now VAC rules all so there's no need for UA and their HLG or CD anymore...
                                VAC doesn't have aimbot detection, and HLG's WH block is better than the one included in VAC. VAC also doesn't have speedhack and cheat blocking or cvar checking/locking/blocking. VAC doesn't detect even close to the amount of cheats C-D does. So you see, UA still plays a very, very, important role in keeping the cheaters from ruining peoples games.

salkdf wrote..

what will CS be without the cheaters? fun, like it was 2 years ago/pre-retail. people shouldn't have to worry about lamers ruining their game because they don't have the talent or don't want to take the time to learn how to play the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X