Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God of War Confirmed for April 20 Release; New Story Trailer and Stone Mason Edition Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God of War Confirmed for April 20 Release; New Story Trailer and Stone Mason Edition Announced

God of War (PS4)
    The cat was let out of the bag earlier today. God of War for the PlayStation 4 will be released on April 20, 2018. Today's release date announcement was accompanied by a new story trailer and details about various versions that you can purchase.

Sony Santa Monica Studio's Cory Barlog delivered the good news today via the PlayStation Blog.
    I really am ecstatic that I can finally show you this beautiful trailer we have been cooking up in the creative kitchens of Santa Monica Studio headquarters. It will give you more insight on why Kratos and Atreus are going on their journey as well as provide a glimpse at some new bits of action.

I love this trailer. After I saw it, I pre-ordered the game.

So, April 20, 2018…mark the date on your calendar, people. Clear that schedule, tell your significant other they are wonderful, because that is always a nice thing to do, and then wonder what you will do with all that free time you have now that you don’t need to keep asking me when the release date is.

Thank you everyone for your continued support of our game-making addiction. I will do my best to keep sharing information as we head towards launch.

Before we get to that new trailer, I need to let you know about the various SKUs you can pick up, including special pre-order bonuses.
    Pre-Order Offer
    God of War (PS4)
    I should first mention, if you pre-order any edition (or already did) at a supporting retailer, you’ll acquire these three legendary shield skins (which you’ll need internet connectivity to access!) for Kratos to bash and defend against all manner of creatures we created in the brutal Norse wilds.

If you pre-order any edition at GameStop or EB Games, you’ll also receive the Luck of Ages XP Talisman which improves the wearer’s luck, providing:

• Increase XP gain
    • Increase Hacksilver gain
    • Increase the ability to trigger Perks

God of War Collector's Edition
    Collector’s Edition | $129.99 USD/$169.99 CAD

The 9’’ statue was crafted by our team in collaboration with the incredible folks at Gentle Giant. The cloth map is a unique companion to your journey, and an art piece on its own. The Huldra Bros carvings pack as much detail as their personas do in game. Just a few of the highlights, not to mention the digital items as well!

God of War Stone Mason Edition
    Stone Mason Edition | $149.99 USD/$199.99 CAD (EB Games Exclusive in Canada)

Available in the US and Canada only, this edition includes everything in the Collector’s Edition along with four very distinct, rare items directly from the game. You might recognize Atreus’ wooden Horse and Troll carvings from our E3 2016 debut. They complete the collection with the Huldra Bros, btw. The Stone Mason Ring is a finely crafted piece of jewelry, whose story we won’t spoil. The talking Mimir Head keychain may be your personal favorite after you interact with him in game. Massive credit to Gentle Giant capturing the exquisite detail of these!

God of War Digital Deluxe Edition
    Digital Deluxe Edition | $69.99USD/$89.99 CAD

If digital only is king for you, we didn’t forget. Adorn the legendary Death’s Vow Armor Set to increase your strength, and honor the solemn promise that sends Kratos and Atreus on their journey through the Norse wilds of Midgard and beyond. The digital comic book from Dark Horse, Issue #0 starts to unearth the story of Kratos before his quest with Atreus begins. Not to mention both the digital comic and mini art book will come with exclusive creator commentary tracks.

Finally, available to addresses in the US and Canada only, pre-order this Digital Deluxe beauty to get a sweet, exclusive, shiny, limited-run God of War physical pin.

God of War (PS4)

Did you catch all of that? I hope so, because once you see the below story trailer you may be tempted to pick one of the above options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	God_of_War_PS4_2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	3377002Click image for larger version

Name:	God_of_War_PS4_3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	3377003
Working...
X