Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Catz is Back with New PC Hardware

Mad Catz
    Last April, we reported that Mad Catz was no more. The studio had filed for bankruptcy following poor sales, namely from the lackluster sales of their Rock Band 4 peripherals. It didn't really help that they were the co-publisher for the game which failed to make waves as the franchise did back in its heyday.

However, Mad Catz is back. The company announced today that "Mad Catz is back in the game." Yes, the company that made your favorite third-party gaming peripherals is on the scene once again with some hot new PC gaming hardware. The announcement says that the company is back with new ownership and "a new attitude."
    At CES 2018, Mad Catz will be previewing the first products in the new range, a line of all-new PC gaming hardware including new R.A.T. mice, S.T.R.I.K.E.™ keyboards, F.R.E.Q.™ gaming headsets and G.L.I.D.E.™ gaming surfaces.

Key products in the new range include the R.A.T. AIR™ an-all new version of the iconic, fully-adjustable gaming mouse, now with a state-of-the-art wireless power system. The R.A.T. AIR™ requires no unreliable battery pack to operate, instead drawing power via the wireless activation gaming surface, included in pack. For gamers preferring to use their own gaming surface, the R.A.T. AIR™ also includes a robust USB cable in pack, instantly converting the R.A.T. to a wired mouse.

The S.T.R.I.K.E.4 gaming keyboard features a fully mechanical key bed, aluminum frame and RGB lighting, and the F.R.E.Q.4 gaming headset, utilizes high-quality 40mm neodymium drivers and a metal plated frame. Further details of new products in the range are expected to be announced shortly.

To celebrate this announcement, Mad Catz went all out with a new trailer reveal for their rebirth, plus some new promotional materials for the above items. You can see all of that below. I'm sure we'll see more about this hardware when CES actually kicks off on January 9, 2018.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FREQ 4-black-4.png
Views:	2
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	3376800Click image for larger version

Name:	STRIKE 4.png
Views:	2
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	3376802
Working...
X